C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Disconnect Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default Battery Disconnect Switch?

Has any body tried one of these? I used to have a rotary type and was never happy with it. It couldn't handle the amps and died years ago from internal arcing. So I removed it. I have been thinking about a Knife switch in the battery box, but it is so hard to get to with a non-folding racings seat and roll cage.

This key thing could be installed on the passenger floor, near the seat and consul for easy access from the driver seat in case of emergency. Also it's a theft deterrent.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...X&appId=466344
Old 03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Battery Disconnect Switch? (gkull)

Best lookin battery disconnect I've seen...I really like it.

Brett :thumbs:
Old 03-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my idea, get a remote activated switch that ties into your alarm key switch that why you cold just use it to activate the actual switch that would be located in the battery compartment, Bonus is that way you would not have to run the heavy gauge wiring anywhere and it would keep the lead short.

Just my random thoughts on it. :SmileyGuyDayDreamingWhileSittingAtHisDe skAtWork:

[Modified by Fevre, 11:37 AM 3/10/2004]
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

That's the one I use. Been in the vette for 3 years now with no issues. Mine's under the hood next to the battery. Been toying with the idea of putting it under the dash where it would be easier to reach. The only bad part is all a guy has to do is jump the cables btwn the connectors but it just makes it that much more difficult to do.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default Re: Battery Disconnect Switch? (Fevre)

I was just thinking about the passenger floor because you could just cut the main lead going to the starter there and just install large copper lugs on the cable and bolt it in.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any body tried one of these? I used to have a rotary type and was never happy with it. It couldn't handle the amps and died years ago from internal arcing. So I removed it. I have been thinking about a Knife switch in the battery box, but it is so hard to get to with a non-folding racings seat and roll cage.

This key thing could be installed on the passenger floor, near the seat and consul for easy access from the driver seat in case of emergency. Also it's a theft deterrent.
I like this! :thumbs:
Old 03-10-2004, 01:13 PM
mvftw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Battery Disconnect Switch? (Corvette_fetish)

Would that fit in the battery box behind the drivers seat ('78)? It looks too big to fit there. I'm not looking to hide it, the key lock is cool.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Disconnect Switch?

Quick Reply: Battery Disconnect Switch?