C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Pricing for 70' NOM

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:21 PM
thopo57
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Pricing for 70' NOM

I find a black 70'. It looks great but the engine has been change with a new 330hp 350ci.

http://www.mcjackscorvettes.com/70BBAriel.htm

The price seemed to be higher for a small block NOM

Some advices are needed for an inexperimented European regarding C3.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Help Pricing for 70' NOM (thopo57)

You could MAYBE talk him down to around 18 but not much less than that, from the pics it looks like a VERY nice driver. The Chrome bumper sharks are not cheap if you want anything in good condition. I know, I was searching for a LONG time for one and I ended up getting lucky with my 77 for realativly short change as the prev owner bought a C5 and lost interest in finishing the 77.

I would say that is a little high from what I have seen around, but not unheard of.

Also considering you are in europe you can bet on paying a bit more for a car already over there as they are rare. And buying one here in the states then shipping it would be pretty expensive. There are quite a few guys and girls on this site from your neck of the woods, Check with them and see what their opinions are.

[Modified by Madmikeee, 4:41 PM 3/9/2004]
Old 03-09-2004, 04:47 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Help Pricing for 70' NOM (thopo57)

Nearly $21k for a non-matching coupe? Says "cold A/C" but if you look at the pictures, there is no belt on the A/C compressor. It was an original L-46 350hp car, according to the redline on the tachometer. The interior looks good, original seat belts, etc. Seems high on price, but mos tdealers are at the high end of the pricing spectrum.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Help Pricing for 70' NOM (sb69coupe)

Definitely way too high. IMHO, that car's worth no more than $17K, tops, and even that's at the upper end. '70s get a little bit of a premium because it was a low production number yet, but that's way excessive. As Shannon points out, it's almost always hard to get a decent deal from a used vette dealer.

JB

Get notified of new replies

To Help Pricing for 70' NOM

Quick Reply: Help Pricing for 70' NOM