C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78 seat recovery project

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:28 AM
c3vettelover
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 seat recovery project

I bought a pair of seats a while back for my 78 because mine were in poor shape and I wanted to upgrade to the 78 pace car-79/82 style. I managed to find a complete set on Ebay (gotta luv that place) and with shipping they ran me about $400! :yesnod: They had new leather covers in my color, the leather looked a little wrinkled up but all the hardware was complete. I finally decided for the price I would go ahead and replace the seat foam because either the pleat measurement was wrong or something else was. So I ordered some NQP foam (you can't see it after it's covered anyway) and set out to do MY first ever attempt at seat recovery. :confused: I think for a amatuer they turned out pretty good, but I was stunned when I placed the newly covered seat cushions next to the other ones!! :eek: They had recovered the original, shot 78 cushion foam and simply added poly batting to try and make up the difference. Now all that remains is fixing a small crack and re-painting the seat shells then swapping the carpet and seats out!! I still think it was still a great deal.....just wanted to share.
:eek:
Old 03-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: 78 seat recovery project (c3vettelover)

:eek:

WOW they look GREAT for a first time attempt!! Very kewl.. :cheers:

Quick Reply: 78 seat recovery project