C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 06:48 PM
allancook5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!

I took my car into a shop in Brighton Colorado called All Tune and Lube, its been their about two weeks, today i found out that those SOB"S wrecked the entire front end of my car!!! They said they were backing in a car with a bad clutch and it was in accident, i havent seen it yet, my fathers been taking care of it, but i broght the car in and it had a brand new kick butt color changing paint job, the whole car is scrathed and gouged, the brand new enterior with brand new BEAUTIFUL leather seats is covered in grease and mud, on the outside of the car you can see fresh mud spray that looked like they drove it in rain hauling A $ $ i brought it in and it was spotless, WTF!!! will post pics of the tradgedy later im going to go see how jacked up it is, dont use that D A M shop they screwed it all up, The odomoter has 300 more miles on it!!!, the power windows dont work gota go laters.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (allancook5)

WOW :eek: That Sucks :smash:
Old 03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (gq82)

Kinda reminds me of "Ferris Buhler's Day Off" where they take the Ferrari to a public garage in Chicago, hand over the keys to the attendants and................well, you know the story :yesnod:
Old 03-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

That is really sad. IF I put a Corvette into a shop there is a piece of masking tape on the windshield with the mileage recorded. While I choose my shops carefully (no hats on backwards) that is a reminder to test drivers that I know what the mileage was when I brought it in. And a normal tune-up should not exceed that by more than 10 miles. If more, I ask questions.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

What a shame. Bring the cops w/you too so you can file a report while your at it. Plus it will help you from kickin someones butt down there. Good luck, get what you can and than some.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:47 PM
jpatrick636
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is, I feel for ya.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (Van Steel)

WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!
When I first read the title I thought this poor bastard just met my ex-wife :lolg: :lolg: thank God it was just the Vette. No seriously sorry to say. If I was in your neck of the woods I'd go over with you in uniform and shove my boot so far up their %$@ they's taste leather for weeks. Let them know you know the proper preceedings for small claims court and you are ready to submit a complaint to the BBB. IM me if you need assist.

David
Old 03-08-2004, 07:53 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (Cali,68,L-79)

I hate when shops do that,they should be 100% responsible.Im sorry to hear about stuff like this.Good luck
Old 03-08-2004, 07:59 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 509 Likes on 309 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Sorry to hear about your shock and trouble. I never take my vette to a shop that I don't check out first in person and see what kind of work they do. Hope things get better for you. :confused: Like Cali said, get a suit in small claims court.

[Modified by killain, 8:03 PM 3/8/2004]
Old 03-08-2004, 08:02 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear what they did to your car :eek: Get all the pictures you can and close ups before they try to hide anything. Get some before pics ready of the car for the inevitable court battle. Contact YOUR ins. co. and they may help you. Indeed file a police report and get the drivers license info of the responsible person that caused the damage. His Insurance and the Insurance of the place that did it should cover any and ALL repairs to put the car back to the original condition it was in when you brought it there. :seeya
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (patsnitrovette)

This just pizzes a person off to no end!!!

Bringing the police with you and filing a complaint might be a good place to start. You would need to be able to prove they drove it with witnessed recorded mileage or someone would have to confess. Remember to keep the emotion out of it when dealing with these dumb azzess.

I feel for you as you have one of the most memorable paint colors I have seen in a good while.

The tape on the windshield with mileage trick would not work in my case since the speedo is DOA for now.

:boxing Brent...
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (patsnitrovette)

That really sucks. This one of the main reasons I do my own work when I can. I hate to rely on someone I don't know to do something to my car. I hope it all turns out for the good.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 PM
EDDIEJ82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (Van Steel)

What a shame. Bring the cops w/you too so you can file a report while your at it. Plus it will help you from kickin someones butt down there. Good luck, get what you can and than some.
:iagree:
After you file a report and take LOTS of pictures, go see a lawyer. The business should have insurance but they will try to jack you around on the price that they will pay. Pay for an independant appraiser out of your pocket for a value on your vette. Stick them for a rental car (get a VERY nice one) until yours is fixed back to the original condition that you brought it in. Charge them for all your legal fees and any lost time from work for having to deal with their mess. I'm sorry for your situation, but stick it to them and break it off hard. Maybe they will think twice about doing this to someone else's car. :mad
Old 03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
MEAN72
Racer

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (gq82)

:iagree:
Wow. You should be MORE then 100% compensated. Take a lawyer with you or at least drop the name of one. It should be covered by their insurance but they will try to stick it to you also.
:smash: :smash: :smash: Good luck.

[Modified by MEAN72, 1:09 AM 3/9/2004]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

:nonod: :sad:
Old 03-08-2004, 09:36 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (joeveto)

Sue them! :smash:
Old 03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
78 Vette
Drifting

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (AGVI)

:mad :mad Man that makes me mad get a police report and take them to cort. :mad :mad

Get notified of new replies

To WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
gsfgf
Pro

Before you go to small claims, check the max winnings. I think you can only win 5K in small claims, but they may well have done over 5K worth of damage, eespecially including legal fees, rental, etc.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:15 PM
78 Vette
Drifting

Default Re: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! (gsfgf)

Before you go to small claims, check the max winnings. I think you can only win 5K in small claims, but they may well have done over 5K worth of damage, eespecially including legal fees, rental, etc.
Good point I think your right :thumbs:
Old 03-08-2004, 10:19 PM
allancook5
Instructor

Good news, i went to the shop, to get the guys insurence info (after i called the police and after they went and talked to him) that fat dirty poor excuse for a man was so scared he was shaking couldnt speak straight, we got the insurence info and went to the shop we broght it to right after, Accent auto body, my friends dad owns it and he restores hi dollar mopars so i know hell take d a m good care of it, anyways we met the officer out their, when my father picked the car up this morning his story was that they were moving a car with a bad clutch and it hit it, the officer didnt beleave him and found out the person that supposedly was driving the car was his son, he told the son that he was going to give him a 12 point ticket for leaving the scene of an accident, so they started singing, actually the son was trying to park it and hit a truck, the officer gave him a 4 point instead, the guy is afraid of a law suit so hes paying for everything, the car is getting fixed, my buddys shop has already worked out 7500 for everything, but their waiting for the shop owner to look at everything and make sure it doesnt need more, they took over 60 pictures of every little detail, i got some pics (my cameras pretty bad but i did anyways) but i dont have a way to get it online, so if i could send it to one of you and have you post it??? Oh bye the way its getting painted the 2000 porsche color it was again, and im haveing some airbrushing on the back with a bowtie (chevy symbol) with a nude chick laying on top of it, this all may take some time though!!

Quick Reply: WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!