C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Nixxa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04

Well here I am again, I have now sold my motorcycle and have the capital to start working on the vette. I've also decided that since I don't plan to have it up and running until sometime next year, why not take the year or so and do it all myself, or as much as I can do. So I plan to start tomorrow officially, I have my AIM ordered. Seeing there's no motor or tranny alot of it is out of the way. I plan to have the bodywork an windshield frame done professionally, but the rest I will attempt to tackle myself and with my buddy's help. I also plan to build a motor starting with a bare block and put about 3500 into it. My buddy's always wanted to do it, and I figure what a better way to know my car inside and out, and the motor inside and out on top of that! And by the time I'm done I'll have all the tools necessary to do anything I need. So if you have any words of advice or comments they would be appreciated.

Aside from that I will be taking many many pics along the way seeing I just picked up a 128MB memory stick for my video cam/digital camera today.

Happy tooling! :cheers:
Old 03-06-2004, 11:45 PM
matchframe
Pro

Default Re: Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04 (Nixxa)

Sounds great!

I have really enjoyed working on my frame-off resto. I don't have a set time for completion either, but am enjoying every moment I spend working on it. Be sure to take lots of pics and share them with us!

Go bust a knuckle! :cool:

www.bigdogvettes.com
Old 03-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Riley
Instructor

Default Re: Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04 (Nixxa)

Well good luck in your project. I can not stress enough on taking Pics and tagging anything and everything you remove. I just did a quick frame off this year as I needed to replace some of the frame. Then while i was at it i put a gas tank in as it was on propane when i got it. Then built a 383 while the motor was out, New calipers,Suspension, Electric fans, stripped the paint all off and removed all the interior. Today I fired up the motor and all is good, now just have to get ready for paint. This has been one fast project starting in Oct and i have till april to get the paint on.I did this all by myself and have learnt allot, but have to say that i could not have done it without the forums help. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04

Quick Reply: Frame up resto begins.......03/07/04