C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to buya c3,need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 05:07 PM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Want to buya c3,need help

Hey everybody.I'm new here but you knew that.I'm known as zgator over at the second gen Camaro site and the Yenko site.I want to buy a C3.I'll be ready money wise in about a month.I've done a lot of homework for quite sometime,and I've told myself that I WILL own a Vette before I die.I've had so many muscle cars that I've lost count.I have owned one type or another since they were new.(yes I'm that old)What I want is a 78-82 with the 78-79 being tops on the list.On top of that list would be a 78.The one with the silver and grey paint.I have many questions so please bare with me.Were all these L82 cars?I really would rather have a 4 speed car but maybe would buy an auto if it was the right one if you know what I mean.I like the 80-82 but have not heard much good about the crossfire engines.I don't want a project car.I want a nice turnkey.Something in the neighboorhood of $9,000 to maybe $11,000.I know some things to look for like stress cracks around the fenders,cowl area where the hood closes.Drain holes in the doors,rust in the birdcage area.Some electrical problems.I will not buy from ebay and figured that I would like to deal with someone on this forum.I have looked at the for sale section but am not sure what is still for sale.I know I have more ? so please feel free to school me.I really want a Silver anaversery 4 speed but do have an open mind.Right now I own a 70 and a 71 Z/28 and just sold my 78 Bandit TA.Please help an old man get his Vette.Many thanks.I live in Savannah Ga,so anybody close buy would be a great help if I need to travel. :steering:

[Modified by copter, 10:10 PM 3/6/2004]
Old 03-06-2004, 05:14 PM
gh78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Want to buya c3,need help (copter)

I found my 1978 Silver Aniversary through Autotrader.com, clasic car section. Literally looked at hundreds before I found her. Check it out at cardomain.com @gh1978. Good luck in your search
Old 03-06-2004, 06:30 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

I am close to you. I am located in Montgomery, Alabama.

This is a 1981. Very good mechanical condition. Solid car. Original numbers matching engine. Drive it anywhere.

Will sell for $8,500 and will deliver for gas and expenses.

If you have interest. Let me know and I can get you full details on the car.

Old 03-06-2004, 07:23 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The 78 Silver Anniversary is a nice car, however it is nothing more than a paint scheme option w/alloy wheels. They came in auto/manual, L48/L82 configurations like any 78. Out of a total production of 46,776, 12,789 had the L82 and 15,283 were Silver Anniversary.

The L82 would be the preferred engine choice w/220hp vs 185hp for the L48.

There are plenty out there.......be patient.......first rule of thumb is always buy the best car you can afford.

Good luck with your search!! :chevy
Old 03-06-2004, 08:02 PM
USA SHARK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only the 82 had cross fire injection. I've owned a 81 but it really lacked power as there was only one engine available. My favorite is the 80 since it has the same look, but was not cross fire. An 80 with 4spd manual L-82 would be my choice. They are out there and for the money you want to spend, you could get a very nice one.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
copter
Drifting

Default Re: Want to buya c3,need help (bamavettes)

bamavetts;sure tell me more.looks nice and the price looks nice too.Is that a new interior.I allways buy nice stuff and I drive them.I drive a fully restored 71 Z/28 everyday unless it rains and I still take good enough care of it to win car shows.Yeah tell me all about it.Radio,engine mods front end work rear end gearing ect.Feel free to e-mail me.Thansk

Get notified of new replies

To Want to buya c3,need help

Quick Reply: Want to buya c3,need help