C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6164

:blueangel: :blueangel:
Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Twin_Turbo)

Would like to know how it is register in Cali with no emmissions equip? :skep:

Might be register under a diff category of some sort. :confused:
Old 03-06-2004, 02:50 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Fevre)

Ok, that just kicks azz !!

Well, I wanted a bigger car as the next project.......
Old 03-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (BSeery)

Sorry, but :U . Chevelles should either be done stock or Pro-street (and I think I'm getting tired of the Pro-street ones). I'm not a big fan of big cars dropped like that. They're still not going to handle. Now a first-gen Camaro done Pro-touring with an LS1 and some big Brembos.... :thumbs: Me thinks that even though it's obvious that there's been a TON of very nice work done here, he's not going to get his initial bid of $75k. Then again, who knows.... it is eBay!
Old 03-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Scooter70)

did you even take a good look? That is one rigid chassis, full coil over setup on the front, 4 link rear. I wouldn't be surprised if it would outhandle your corvette. That thing is simply awesome IMO.

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 2:16 PM 3/6/2004]
Old 03-06-2004, 03:16 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Twin_Turbo)

Doesn't do anything for me Twin Turbo. If you bought it you wouldn't have the same pride in it that you will have with your vet.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (norvalwilhelm)

I will never own it...but you can dream can't ya? I think iId have some pride in owning that. and it's ready so much less headaches LOL
I'm a huge NASCAR fan and chevelles are just plain rare here...Those boom tubes.. love those too. I think I need a set for my car. Time to notch the frame :)

Old 03-06-2004, 03:27 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Marck I am running out of work on the vet and it is still a few months until it is taken out of the shop.
Monday I am going to get some material and machine my own cross shafts. I will machine 3 different ones with extra caster and camber built into them. Each will be 1/8th more offset then the other.
Told you I am getting bored.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:24 PM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (BSeery)

i like how it all fits under the hood :yesnod:

MAtt
Old 03-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Why on earth would you want such a bastardized version of a pretty year of Chevelle history? I ask with respect.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (norvalwilhelm)

Marck I am running out of work on the vet and it is still a few months until it is taken out of the shop.
Monday I am going to get some material and machine my own cross shafts. I will machine 3 different ones with extra caster and camber built into them. Each will be 1/8th more offset then the other.
Told you I am getting bored.
Sounds like you need more ideas... hmmm. Do you have a strut brace (spreader bar) yet?? That won't take long to fab but it will kill some time.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:35 PM
vette69
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (paul67)

I agree with Paul67.

:nono:
Old 03-06-2004, 06:35 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Sounds like you need more ideas... hmmm. Do you have a strut brace (spreader bar) yet?? That won't take long to fab but it will kill some time.

NO I don't have a spreader bar and I think they are a good idea but I have this big 3 inch blower belt right where one would run. The only place would be right behind the rad and that is too far forward
Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (vette69)

Thanks! I am always in the minority when it comes to butchered original cars. That year was one of my favourites outside of a Corvette. It's just a bloody shame what has been done to it.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (paul67)

Why on earth would you want such a bastardized version of a pretty year of Chevelle history? I ask with respect.
That's what I'm saying... Yes, there's a lot of very nice work work that went into it but I'm sure that alot of work went into designing the Aztek too! I guess it's just not my cup of tea.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,929 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Scooter70)

it would look beter if the bumpers were crome other than that not bad for a butcher up car, and it is totlay worthless how could you afford to drive it and where would you drive it
Old 03-07-2004, 11:45 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Nowhere Man)

nice car But 75k :nonod:

Get notified of new replies

To Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle....

Old 03-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Tomi72
Racer

While I can appreciate a nicely restored car I like modified ones better. If I had a 70 Chevelle I would definitely mod it but wouldn't probably go quite that far, still I think that it's :cool: , I like it!
Old 03-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Kevin Mason
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Nowhere Man)

I like it but if I got it, I'd get hold of some original-looking bumpers for it and find some way to ditch the wing.

Unless I were going racing, I like my cars more or less stock-appearing.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle.... (Kevin Mason)

Thats a race car!

Check out the sub structure of the floor!

Dont know if its dialed in or built right... but it sure does look the part :crazy:

I like it... But its no longer a velle guys! Its got a skin of one on top :cheers:

Quick Reply: Please god let me win the lottery so I can buy this chevelle....