C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 seats---Will They Fit????

Old 03-06-2004, 11:40 AM
black71
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 seats---Will They Fit????

Im getting mixed stories here. Has anyone attempted and or succeded in installing C5 seats in a C3. I gotta do something these C3 seats are just killing me.....and my wife wont ride along with me anymore either because its like sitting on a milk crate.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:06 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: C5 seats---Will They Fit???? (black71)

I just insalled the passenger seat in my '73 and sat in the seat and felt way to high up. Almost like DINO in the Flintstones car. Took it out and put back the C3 seat. It fit using 3 of the 4 originale holes. You should use the originale holes and NOT drill 4 new holes. When I have more time I will see if the C5 seats will work with C3 tracks but for right now I have too much else going on with the car (racing). If you need to know how I utilized the existing hole email me at lotahp@aol.com.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:37 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: C5 seats---Will They Fit???? (lotahp)

i used the c3 tracks on my c5 seats and yes youll sit a little lower then the c5 brackets but you will still sit higher then the original c3 seats.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:45 PM
black71
4th Gear

Default Re: C5 seats---Will They Fit???? (patsnitrovette)

Was there any problem fitting them in width wise?
How much taller than the C3 would you guess?
Are you happy with the way it turned out?
Any pics?
I feel like Im playing 20 ?'s here....sorry about that.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:50 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Very happy with them way more confortable then the stock seats,width wise they fit fine,how tall are you and your wife,im 5'6" so i fit fine.ID say there about a good 2 inchs ihigher,but i might not be exact.I have themout of the car now so ill put them next to my c3 seats and measure them in a bit.The taller guys have trouble hitting the ttops,my frined is 6 foot and he hits his head on the roof panel.

[Modified by patsnitrovette, 12:50 PM 3/6/2004]

[Modified by patsnitrovette, 12:51 PM 3/6/2004]
Old 03-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

yeah... I'm 5'9" and I hit my head on the roof when I tried running similar hieght seats (iroc's) not to mention I dont have a tilt wheel, so that extra 2 inches is a lot more then you think :cry
Old 03-06-2004, 01:09 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: C5 seats---Will They Fit???? (Corz)

I'm 6'1" and love my C5 seats, even used the C5 tracks, make sure you drill the front rivets out to take off the front curl. Yes they do sit about 1" or so higher so that necessitated putting a tilt/tele column in but I have not head clearance issues at all even when I put the vert. roof up. Would most definately do it again, they are much easier to get in & out of than the c4 seats do to their design and my wife who has severe back problems ( had a fusion and much other surgeries) loves riding in my 72. They are incredibly comfortable and supportive and I found less expensive to buy than restore my original seats.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:11 PM
black71
4th Gear

Im 5'10" and my wife is about 5'8"
I have a tilt/tele wheel. So I think that should help. Think I could inch the seat forward a bit and lean the back back...maybe that would help?

Or should I just get this out of my head.....maybe C4 seats are a better fit???

I don't know?? But I deffinately appreciate all of your guys input on the matter.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:23 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

i just stuck them side by side and there about 1-2 inch different in height,you could move seat up a hiar and tilt them back ,if gdh is 6'1" and he fits then you should be ok then with tilt/tele.Just leave your ttops off. :jester
Old 03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a convertable and if it wasn't for my rollbar, I would think they stick up way too much. Doesn't look proportioned with the car. I like to sit low in the car. I will alter the C5 brackets to fit on the drivers side and install it and see how I like it. Might be during the week or next week. I'm 5'11" and like the way I sit in the car with the C3 seats. Hope it'll be close with the C5 seats. I felt very high (not drugged) in in the passenger seat when installed.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:08 AM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: C5 seats---Will They Fit???? (lotahp)

are the c4 seats any lower then the c5s? which seat is more comfortable and supportive?

Get notified of new replies

To C5 seats---Will They Fit????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 seats---Will They Fit????