C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:29 PM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info

Any of you have your old copies of the Corvette Fever Magizines for the months of Mar, April, May, June, July, Aug and Sept of 1998? I have a couple pictures of the Beast taken in Jan 1998 just before Auto Masters delivered the car to Doug Johnson. CF usually mails their magazines out about a month before the date of the issue of the magazine. I have a CF issues thru Feb'98 but none for the above months. I'd like to find the story they did of Doug's (now mine) yellow ZR-1. Help please Thanks, Bill
Old 03-06-2004, 01:37 AM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

Default Re: 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info (ZRWON)

Thanks, I changed the pic in my signature to the CF picture I have in the documentation that I got with the car. At the time this picture was taken, Jan 1998, the Beast was a rebuilt 1990 ZR-1 owned by Doug Johnson. I'm starting to think that maybe CF took the pictures and then didn't print the story of the transformation of a tired old '90 black ZR-1 into the beautiful BEAST in the picture
:confused:
Old 03-06-2004, 07:36 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Default Re: 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info (ZRWON)

Now there's a name that is a BLAST from the past!!!!

Hi Bill!! LONG time no see/chat!!!!!

Didn't realize that it was YOU would bought Doug's Vette!!

Hubby says he does have all his back issues..will go thru them and see if I can find what you are looking for.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 AM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

Default Re: 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info (LakotasRose)

Great to hear from you again! Yes, I got Doug's old BEAST and rellly enjoy having it...don't know which is best; car or the memories that go with it. After Doug died, Miss Donna trided to sell it thru a consignment dealer where it was stolen, then recovered. They had started taking the motor apart and no one in Fla would guarantee repair and, insurance tried to low ball a pay off to her for less than she owed. Donna shipped Beast back to Van Dorn in SoCal who dealt with insurance co and repaired the car. Donna ended up with twice what insr originally offered and Van Dorn got title thru a mechanics lein. After over a year of waiting, Van Dorn was able to sell it to me. Sometimes when I'm cruising down the road, I think I still smell the smoke of one of those big $3 cigars! :thumbs:

[Modified by ZRWON, 6:33 AM 3/6/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info

Quick Reply: 1998 Corvette Fever magazines Need info