C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:18 PM
GasmanZR1
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland

I found these on the Swiss Auto Show site:

Michael
Old 03-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Jody19SebringGS
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (gasman29)

Thanks for posting these.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:41 AM
DanielW
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (Jodys98Torch)

look at that shine
Old 03-03-2004, 09:58 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Man, the Swiss must rank higher big time!!! They have the silver Convertible and the red Coupe BOTH!!! We can't even get one or the other here in Denver......Disappointing.

Todd
Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Hurricane

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Mercy, that's a gorgeous car!
Old 03-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-03-2004, 02:52 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Check out the rear bumper fascia. It appears that the high mounted center brake light is part of the bumper, with a full width red lens, not a dark grey cheap looking add on like the C6's shown at the US shows. I wonder why the European C6 dosn't need the added downforce that the US version requires from the silly looking add on spoiler. Maybe all that crap about testing the C6 on Europe's high speed tracks was all marketing BS. Maybe the post, on onother topic, made by the person who knew everything about mold design wasn't so knowledgeable about "die lock" as he thought when he was, when he was explaining why it was neccessary to have a seperate housing for the brake light.
EDIT- also notice the C6 chassis in the display. Was that at any of the USA shows? 97% of Corvette sales are in the USA, why dosen't GM think think that the American Corvette buyer dosen't want to see the C6 chassis on display?

[Modified by JoesC5, 1:59 PM 3/3/2004]
Old 03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Jammer
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

beautiful car
Old 03-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Hernan
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (DanielW)

look at that shine
Don't get your hopes up too much. I saw the C6 at the Philly auto show then I walked over to look at the XLR, the hand painted prototype made the surface of the XLR look lika a golf ball.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Hernan
Drifting

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (JoesC5)

Check out the rear bumper fascia. It appears that the high mounted center brake light is part of the bumper, with a full width red lens, not a dark grey cheap looking add on like the C6's shown at the US shows.
No door handle rubber guards either. Hmmmmmm
Old 03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Hurricane

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (Hernan)

Please don't get your hopes up to high - I've looked at the pictures closely and the back and door handles look identical to the ones in the GM media pictures (it's just hard to see...), with the gray plastic moulding.....unfortunately....

Old 03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for the pics. Can't get enough.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:14 PM
kbwingman
Instructor

Maybe all that crap about testing the C6 on Europe's high speed tracks was all marketing BS. Maybe the post, on onother topic, made by the person who knew everything about mold design wasn't so knowledgeable about "die lock" as he thought when he was, when he was explaining why it was neccessary to have a seperate housing for the brake light.
Or maybe.....the parts are actually the same and your seeing an optical illusion because the rear hatch glass is replaced by a colored decklid body panel!

Or maybe.....JoesC5, you think you know more than you actually do!

[Modified by kbwingman, 3:15 PM 3/3/2004]

[Modified by kbwingman, 3:19 PM 3/3/2004]
Old 03-03-2004, 05:19 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (kbwingman)

Or maybe, I might know more than you think I do. I don't pretend to know everything but my career was in manufacturing, as an Industrial Engineer and a Manufacturing Engineer and at age 40, until my retirement, Manager of Manufacturing Engineering responsible for Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Engineering including plant maintance for two US plants and one in Mexico. After retirement, as a hobby, I built positive masters of freight and passenger car models for several model railroad companies in which the completed one piece rigid parts had undercut details on all six sides. This was accomplished using flexible molds in order to extract the parts witout wiping out the details due to "die lock". As you are aware, molding a flexible part in a rigid mold is different then molding a rigid part in a rigid mold, and as a result parts can be molded, and extracted, which appear to have "die lock" which if effect don't due to the flexible nature of the part. Of course, there are limitations in both the part and the mold's designs.

Edit--http://www.gmeurope.com/geneva2004/presskits/img/chevrolet/high/X05CH_CR072.jpg

This photo clearly shows that the brake light/spoiler is indeed a seperate housing and is the dark grey color. It sure looks different then the side profile photo shown in an above post. It seems to blend better.

[Modified by JoesC5, 5:13 PM 3/3/2004]

[Modified by JoesC5, 5:15 PM 3/3/2004]
Old 03-03-2004, 08:05 PM
James Shearer
Racer

Thanks. The guy who's leaning into the red one-what-he never moves? Must in awe of that steering wheel.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 PM
rwm1163
Racer

Check out the rear bumper fascia. It appears that the high mounted center brake light is part of the bumper, with a full width red lens, not a dark grey cheap looking add on like the C6's shown at the US shows. I wonder why the European C6 dosn't need the added downforce that the US version requires from the silly looking add on spoiler. Maybe all that crap about testing the C6 on Europe's high speed tracks was all marketing BS. Maybe the post, on onother topic, made by the person who knew everything about mold design wasn't so knowledgeable about "die lock" as he thought when he was, when he was explaining why it was neccessary to have a seperate housing for the brake light.

EDIT- also notice the C6 chassis in the display. Was that at any of the USA shows? 97% of Corvette sales are in the USA, why dosen't GM think think that the American Corvette buyer dosen't want to see the C6 chassis on display?
Am I blind? I am not seeing any of this. How is the rear different from the US versions? I see no difference. Maybe the lighting is different?

http://www.corvetteconti.com/Catalog...3&Category=132

Also, before you get too hot and bothered, if you had just checked you could have found many pictures of the C6 chassis from autoshows and online. Here is a drawing that shows a lot of detail:

Chill bro!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
rwm1163
Racer

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (rwm1163)

Here are two chassis pics from the Detroit show.

Man Joe, what are you complaining about?!

[Modified by rwm1163, 3:12 AM 3/4/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland

Old 03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Default Re: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland (rwm1163)

I take back the remark I made about the C6 chassis not being at any of the US shows. I hadn't seen any published photos from those that had been to the shows or read any mention of the C6 chassis from any of those that had attended the US shows. I wasn't aware that GM had a C6 chassis on display since no one had mentioned it that I was aware of. I had intended to attend the Auto show in St. Louis but didn't when I read that the C6 was a no show :mad . In June of 1997 I attended the Blooming Gold show In Springfield, IL to be able to view the C5 in all the color options. At the GM tent, in conjunction with the local dealer (who had a Astro van, a Lumina, and a pickup on display), they had one C5( torch red) on display, a cut-away LS-1 engine and a folding table with some free posters. That was all, a car, an engine stand and a table, all sitting on the grass, no displays, no photos, no spec sheets, no GM engineers to ask questions of, only a young salesman from Friendly Chevrolet that had no idea what was going on. I did get to see every color, but they were not GM cars, but attendees of the show. I was really disappointed in GM. Thousands of Corvette owners and fans at one of the largest Corvette shows and they couldn't even put on a decent display of their latest Vette. Glad they could get it together for the C6's unveiling.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:14 AM
rwm1163
Racer

I take back the remark I made about the C6 chassis not being at any of the US shows...
What about the rear fascia?

[Modified by rwm1163, 12:14 PM 3/4/2004]
Old 03-04-2004, 07:50 AM
kbwingman
Instructor

Or maybe, I might know more than you think I do. I don't pretend to know everything but my career was in manufacturing, as an Industrial Engineer and a Manufacturing Engineer and at age 40, until my retirement, Manager of Manufacturing Engineering responsible for Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Engineering including plant maintance for two US plants and one in Mexico. After retirement, as a hobby, I built positive masters of freight and passenger car models for several model railroad companies in which the completed one piece rigid parts had undercut details on all six sides. This was accomplished using flexible molds in order to extract the parts witout wiping out the details due to "die lock". As you are aware, molding a flexible part in a rigid mold is different then molding a rigid part in a rigid mold, and as a result parts can be molded, and extracted, which appear to have "die lock" which if effect don't due to the flexible nature of the part. Of course, there are limitations in both the part and the mold's designs.

This photo clearly shows that the brake light/spoiler is indeed a seperate housing and is the dark grey color. It sure looks different then the side profile photo shown in an above post. It seems to blend better.
JoesC5...that's quite an impressive resume. There is no doubt that you are an intelligent person. However, where your resume falls short is that you were not involved in the developement of the C6. As stated on a previous thread, my primary existence on the Forum is to help the Corvette community better understand the aesthetics of the C6 - why things look the way they do. If you choose NOT to believe me, that's up to you.

That aside, the CHMSL Spoiler is Black, lightly grained, and the same part as shown on the Coupe!

Come to the Birthday Bash in April and see the cars in person...
If you can find me, I might even buy you a for you effort!

Quick Reply: Silver C6 Convertible Pics from Switzerland