C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

spring codes....who wants em?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:19 AM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default spring codes....who wants em?

Going by a gm catalog(those cd's for sale on ebay aren't a ripoff!), I was able to locate all the 3 letter codes for the front and rear springs from all the C4 years.

If you need a spring decoded, or if you'd like to post a copy somewhere, let me know. Especially if you're the one who posted that awesome chart with all the suspension info on it.

Chris
Old 03-01-2004, 04:28 AM
rsafier
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: spring codes....who wants em? (okinawa86vette)

Put a copy up in this post, I can put it up on a page. I've seen springs on ebay before, but never know exactly what they are because I've never found a reference. Would be great info to have.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:38 AM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

Default Re: spring codes....who wants em? (rsafier)

I know what you mean about not being able to find a reference. I gave this a shot and it turned out good.

It might be a bit before I can post it. The problem is that the list has to be deciphered. For example, it'll show 1995 front spring FE1(exc adj susp), so I have to go back and figure out which of the 2 FE1's available that year it is by checking the spring rates on the susp charts out there on the internet.

It gets kind of tedious and some of them aren't really able to be verified. Like the 1996 rear springs. There's two codes and two spring rates, but the parts manual lists them as the same nomenclature, but different codes/pn. I guess the only way would be to find someone who's got one from either susp and can check their spring code.

Chris
Old 03-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Z-07 freak
Le Mans Master

Location: Why are there squished peanut butter cups in my underware?
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all of the C4 spring codes matched up with all suspensions. With the exception of the front springs of the `95/6 FE1s. I am not 100% sure on those. The codes do not match the spring rates.

Chris.. If you could cut/paste all of the `92 and newer GM part numbers with descriptions in either an email to me or post here, I should hopefully complete my C4 suspension chart with 100% accuracy.

My parts books only go to `92. I have been able to verify everything up to the `94s. As for the `95 and `96s, I can only verify the rears and the other than the FE1 fronts.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 02:59 PM
JasonL
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: spring codes....who wants em? (Z-07 freak)

This is what I have so far. We should all compile our info together and check for accuracy...
http://shell2.lomag.net/~jhliao/other/spring-codes.xls
Old 03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Z-07 freak
Le Mans Master

Default Re: spring codes....who wants em? (JasonL)

This is what I have so far. We should all compile our info together and check for accuracy...
It sounds like we are all going for 100% correctness here.
Jason, I have to respect someone who has taken the time to construct their own version of a C4 suspension chart. There are a few errors, but overall it's very good.
The only thing I can't confirm 100%, is the 95-96 FE1 front springs. I know what the rate should be, but the codes I have seen on them are for earlier years and different rates. Hopefully Chris can provide me with the info from his parts CD, and I can complete this masterpice.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:04 PM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

Default Re: spring codes....who wants em? (Z-07 freak)

I had a hard time deciphering the 95/96 front springs as well. There's different codes and part numbers for what's described as the same thing.

As for cutting and pasting, is there a way to cut a couple pages from a pdf file? If so, I can just email you guys what I have.

Chris
Old 03-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Z-07 freak
Le Mans Master

I had a hard time deciphering the 95/96 front springs as well. There's different codes and part numbers for what's described as the same thing.
Don't worry about it. If you can email it to me, I will Rosetta Stone this gobbledygook for all!
Old 03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
JasonL
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If/when you guys get all the info together, please let us know.

Unfortunately my '96 FE1 front spring is still on the car, otherwise I could post the code for it :(

Get notified of new replies

To spring codes....who wants em?

Quick Reply: spring codes....who wants em?