C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy or how to fab this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 06:12 PM
BB73Chris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy or how to fab this thing?

For swaping a muncie into my vette where a TH400 is, do I need to come up with this exhaust hangar or will mine work? I can't seem to find it on CorvetteCentral, Ecklers or MidAmerica... has anybody just made one? Thanks people.

I'm talking about the thing in the picture that doesn't have a part number right below the tailshaft housing

Also let me make sure I have this all straight. I can us my removable automatic crossmember and the trans mount support bracket with a new rubber trans mount for the muncie with this exhaust hangar thing in question. I need to get a flywheel, clutch disc/pressure plate and bellhousing with a slave cylinder/fork and a 85 1ton MC that will bolt onto my firewall. I need to get a clutch pedal and rod. I have a muncie M20 but I need a shifter. Does it have a be a vette specific shifter? or can I use one out of a chevelle etc? Do I need to change my driveshaft? Will the manual shifter fit in the same console area where the auto shifter was?

thanks everybody!

[Modified by BB73Chris, 5:13 PM 10/21/2003]
Old 10-21-2003, 06:55 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Where to buy or how to fab this thing? (BB73Chris)

For swaping a muncie into my vette where a TH400 is, do I need to come up with this exhaust hangar or will mine work? I can't seem to find it on CorvetteCentral, Ecklers or MidAmerica... has anybody just made one? Thanks people.
Yours will work, they should be the same, ditto on the removable cross member.

I think you'd be happier with a vette specific shifter

Driveshaft is same, but u joints are different. You will have to retain the rear u joint, but change the front spline.

[Modified by GDaina, 6:57 PM 10/21/2003]

Quick Reply: Where to buy or how to fab this thing?