C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone repaired the door arm rest/pull on their Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Leos 81
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone repaired the door arm rest/pull on their Vette?

I was just out for lunch, and pulled on my door pull to close it and it yanked right off the door. :cuss I've never seen the inside of the door pull, and for those of you haven't, it kind of looks like a shiny fossilized bone or something. Kind of creapy actually. Anyway, it was all cracked up and the piece that screws to the door cracked right off. I looked at Zip's online catelog and unfortunately they don't have pics. They list a new arm rest door panel for $60 as well as a "Arm Rest Repair Stud" for $6.95.

Has anyone used one of these repair studs? There is no description, picture, or anything to let me know if this will suit my needs for repair without reordering a brand new arm rest. Any ideas? I don't' want to replace the whole thing if it's not necessary, not to mention that there is a price difference of over $50.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Rich80
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Anyone repaired the door arm rest/pull on their Vette? (Leos 81)

Corvette America has a pic of it. Part no. 4908. I fitting mine with a washer but that was before I realized they have repair kits fo them...

:smash:
Old 10-20-2003, 07:51 PM
red topless gator
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

Yes I used the repair kit on mine and it works great. Mid America has them, part#602-099 for $6.99, if you buy for both doors they are only $5.99 each Well worth it....LT
Old 10-21-2003, 10:30 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Did the screw pull out of the door or did the front part of the door pull/armrest separate from the rest of the armrest? If the screw just pulled out then you can use a piece of steel wire in the hole as you thread the screw in. You don't even have to remove the door panel to do it.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone repaired the door arm rest/pull on their Vette?

Quick Reply: Anyone repaired the door arm rest/pull on their Vette?