C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotor Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 02:07 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Rotor Recommendation

I have an 82 CE with 41K miles on it, and I'm completely replacing the calipers, pads and rotors. For my peace of mind and to eliminate squeaking I'm replacing my old pads with Wagner Thermo Quiet pads. I purchased the calipers from Ecklers for infrequent use (the car is officially stored for the year as of yesterday) and the last question I have is regarding the rotors.

The rotors I have on there now are fine, however, they are almost 20 years old and I don't want to turn them again. I want to start new. This is my personal choice.

I found out that there are two types of rotors to purchase from Ecklers, premium front brake rotors and powerslot sport brake rotors.

My car is driven seasonally, and I don't abuse it by drag/road racing or anything like that. However, I want to put on the highest quality parts possible.

What are your recommendations?

Old 10-20-2003, 02:19 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default Re: Rotor Recommendation (luvmy82)

Over the years I've tried slotted, drilled, gold anodized, and solids. I just had a warped rear and bought two HD's from NAPA auto parts.

I never surface rotors i throw them away. IMO once you have good rotors and calipers it's only the pads that make the difference. Some squeak. Some eat your rotors away. Some turn your wheel black. I'm a little hard on mine so I use PF carbon metalic. My rotors turn black and blue, But these NAPA don't seem to scale or get covered with tiny heat cracks.

Quick Reply: Rotor Recommendation