C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 07:43 PM
molchaser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wipers won't shut off

:smash:

I am putting my interior back in my 78 and have the heater box, defroster ducts (mine didn't fit either !!!) and the center gauge cluster, got the headlight and wiper switch in and am about ready to put the speedo/tach cluster in.

Thought I give it a test before I lost that nice access hole.

Everything works but the wipers will not shut off. I removed the switch to see if any of the copper contacts had slide around and got crossed, but it all looks OK.

Is there something in the speedo tach circiut that will take care of this? :confused: Could it be something to do with the delay off relay (which I have read about but haven't actually located).:confused:

As always your help will greatly appreciated. :)

Ken (molchaser)
Old 10-19-2003, 12:07 AM
molchaser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Wipers won't shut off (molchaser)

:cheers: :cheers: :smash:

Problem solved...Took the switch apart there are some plastic "runners" that stick thru the contacts to lift the sliding contacts above the stationary contacts.

The one of the stationary contacts had slid up above the plastic tunners and the sliding contacts were always making contact...Not sure how this happened..musta happened when plugging in the harness

Time for :cheers:

Quick Reply: Wipers won't shut off