C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 01:57 AM
sqlguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive???

Hey all...

I got my carpet kit... and I am stuck on the center carpet pieces on either side of the center console (you know.. where the e-brake and A/C, shifter, etc are)... I have tried some spray on glue stuff.. and NOPE.. the carpet falls right off the plyboard type panels that are on either side of the center console... I am sure that you guys have put in carpet before... save me before I go staple happy!!!!!!! (I HAVE AN ELECTRIC STAPLE GUN... I'LL DO IT IF YOU MAKE ME.... DON'T MAKE ME DO IT MAN..... :reddevil )

ANYway.... i am pretty sick and tired of having the carpet slip off and flop around the ground... kinda looks TACKY!

Thanx for the help guys! Any ideas are appreciated!!!! If you DO know of the good stuff... also maybe tell me where to get it.. even a website link would be helpful...

-Mark
Old 10-18-2003, 06:36 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive??? (sqlguy)

3M spray adhesive...
spray both pieces...
WAIT A BIT...i suspect this is what you are not doing...
then stick them and they will stick instantly... :yesnod:
Old 10-18-2003, 08:11 AM
cell2each
Intermediate

Default Re: Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive??? (SIGNGUY)

:iagree:
I tried other brands of spray-on glue but 3m works the best.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Vmo
Racer

Default Re: Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive??? (sqlguy)

3M General Purpose Rubber Base Contact Cement......The big trick is to let the glue get tacky before you attempt to bond them. Same with the spray glue.

Get notified of new replies

To Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive???

Quick Reply: Carpet Kit install on my '79... anybody know of the best adhesive???