C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about PVC and advance hose routing--AIM has got me confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 12:40 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Question about PVC and advance hose routing--AIM has got me confused

Dammit, that should be "PCV"--wish we could edit topic titles. :cuss

I was looking at my copy of the 1969 AIM, and on page J360 it seems to show the "spark hose" to the vacuum advance as being routed to the fitting on the manifold behind the carb on an L-36 and a cap on the fitting on the port on the driver side front of the carb where I currently have my advance hooked up. On page J411, it seems to show the PCV hose being routed to another port on that fitting rather than to the passenger side front of the carb as I have that hose hooked up. Is this correct?

JB

[Modified by JB, 11:51 PM 10/17/2003]
Old 10-18-2003, 06:30 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question about PVC and advance hose routing--AIM has got me confused (JB)

I went through the same thing. I determined that the A/C cars use the manifold fitting (manifold vacuum) while the non-A/C cars used fitting on the front left corner of the carb. Lots of flipping back and forth through the pages! I have found a few more conflicting things in the AIM.

Quick Reply: Question about PVC and advance hose routing--AIM has got me confused