C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (ZZ4 Running/Crap Tach)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Spook
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (ZZ4 Running/Crap Tach)

Hey All;

Time to show you the results so far of my first engine swap. This is the ZZ4 crate in my 75 coupe. Lots of things left to do (clean up some electrical) but this is a big step towards :auto: . Lots of big :D because it fires up like a race horse.

Also included a video of the broken Tach because just want to know if you all think its just the damn circuit board that fubar??? It seems to have climbed from a always stuck at 1500 to always stuck at ~1800 since I first fired the engine. Stuck even when engines off.

Warning 3 megs for the engine and like 1.5 for the tach: be gentle on my hosting at angelfire too or else they shut it off.

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/spook...4_Fired_Up.AVI
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/spook...ist_-_Tach.AVI

Spook
:reddevil
Old 10-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (Spook)

Didn't peak at movies since I am still in the horse and buggy 56k era but good going on the eng swap. :cheers: Bet your where nervous just before the first turn of the key. :)
Old 10-16-2003, 09:47 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (Fevre)

isn't it sweet when that motor fires right up??

I poured some gas into the fuel bowls so I wouldn't have to crank as long, hit the throttle twice to squirt some in the engine and turned the key.

VROOM! fired up in about 2 seconds. :D ever since.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

Default Re: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (BSeery)

looks like host has already suspended you... for the day :( :chevy
Old 10-17-2003, 12:31 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (Rottenrob)

looks like host has already suspended you... for the day :(
I got the same, too bad, I like movies :D will try again tomorrow. good job on the swap and getting it fired up :thumbs:
Old 10-17-2003, 02:06 AM
Spook
Racer

Default Re: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (C3 Shark Tank)

Yeah yeah ... need to setup my server so I can just post things on it. Too lazy... Yeah ZZ4 is a dream machine honestly I have never had a engine fire up so smoothe (with an e because its extra smooth)... I was actually really pissed off the first time I got it fired up... Story time (since the movie dont work).

First attempt carb decideds to puke gas all over the intake manifold. Ok... SOB! :( Remove and check carb. Done Done Done.
Reinstall carb. Springs a new leak at an o-ring that I know I didnt break during first inspection. Remove and replace and quadruple check everything.
Finally its all good... but my damn battery wasnt real happy with the first crank even though I trickle charged it for days before the event. Not wanting to sit there cranking like an idiot I bust out the hydrometer and get a reading on the cells... sure enough its not gonna be able to do it in my book (not a single ball floating). Thinking trip to sears is in my near future. Bust out the whomp butt charger and give it a few hours as specified on the charger for that case checking all along the way with the hydrometer. So the end of a very long day meets me right at dusk. I've gotta fire this thing just gotta!!! Get on it and it sounds perfect to crank give it a couple whiles pops finds the perfect spot for the dist and VROOOM!!!!... BIG SMILES BIG BIG BIG SMILES... However I guess I was all fidgity and running round with a flashlight trying to check every possible thing that could be leaking or unhappy. None to be found carb was clean and dry and gas was flowing nice... waited for the temp sensor to fire up the electric fans and then called it a night.

btw I even had to foresight before the gas pissing competition my carb entered itself in to buy a fire extinguisher and had it out and ready just incase I was an idiot!

Maybe that makes up for the movie although I am not a good story teller. I tell you no wonder some of you guys have all that beer in your garages I could've used one (or 12) that night.

Spook
:reddevil

Get notified of new replies

To My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (ZZ4 Running/Crap Tach)

Quick Reply: My First Engine Swap !!! - Movies (ZZ4 Running/Crap Tach)