C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Magic electric fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 05:03 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Magic electric fan

Does anyone have experience with one of these? I have run one on my car for awhile but my radiator is shot. Does this fan work well enough or should I switch to a dual fan setup? The black magic fan would keep the car right at 210 degrees with the bad radiator. The black magic claims 2800 cfm pulling volume but I'm not sure. I plan to fix my a/c, also a consideration. Anybody using elec. fans with air?? I also would like to know if the '77-'82 radiator would fit in my '71 or what it would take to make it fit. :banghead:
Old 10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Black Magic electric fan (PRESSURERAT)

If you go to a later big 4 core you can get away with using a lesser fan. It's some fabrication to change to a larger radiator.

My buddy originally had a slim line 14 inch pusher fan and the twin 12 in Flex-a-lites and he still had heat problems so he went to Dual Spals and it's marginal. So his plan is Spals on a shroud that cover the whole radiator and the 14 inch pusher.

Allot of it has to do with the amount of horse power you have

Quick Reply: Black Magic electric fan