C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schoenfeld #151

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 05:50 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Schoenfeld #151

Is the header to buy for a small block shark, fits any plug head, without burning any wires, fits engine well, works fine on routing, CHEAP at 129 bux....and they accomodate steering mods easily....use any wire routing you like, come in various size tubes, not that it matters with an exhause system in place that's anywhere near legal...

Far as I"m concerned, any discussion of other headers fitting or not is a moot point....for 129 bux in stock at the company direct, why bother???

NOW having said that, the old set I have on the car now is 1 3/4 inch tubes, the new set I have is 1 5/8 tubes.....the old set rested the collector on the starter, which is a stock heavy duty now for about 8 years.....so I cut the 4 tubes and swung them out at the bottom and had them re welded....big deal...
could have gone a smaller starter, one of them gear things...but why spend the money???

GENE
Old 10-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Schoenfeld #151 (mrvette)

The headers on my big block are not coated and will need replacing at some point in the near future because of that. Does Shoenfeld make a BB header? Do you know how it fits?

Brett :thumbs:
Old 10-16-2003, 04:15 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Schoenfeld #151 (Brettmc)

Sorry Brett, never owned a BB vette or anything else chebby BB related...so cant answer your question...check the online catalogue....Schoenfeld Headers.com....do a search for the exact link....they on there...

I suspect they do the same thing with a BB as a SB....why not???

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Schoenfeld #151

Quick Reply: Schoenfeld #151