C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 06:35 PM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!!

It never fails to amaze me just how much attention these 25 plus year old cars garner. I was driving down Nimitz Highway away from Pearl Harbor heading towards downtown Honolulu when i noticed a silver japanese sportscar ( a toyota i think) with true dual fart cans and wing get on the freeway. I eventually ended up in 3 or 4 car langths in front of the guy in the right hand lane and he in the middle. Thats when i noticed the flashes from a camera. The driver took 3 or 4 pictures of my car while driving. I would like to assumeits becuase my vettes so cool but the truth is she hasn't been washed since the new motor was dropped about a thousand miles ago ( only quickly hosed off). Theres still the matter of those holes on the back from when the previous removed the luggage rack and all. This is a nice black example of a vette ( all of them are) but this is not a NICE VETTE!!!show winner type car by a darn site. So, that begs the question, why would someone take pictures of a dirty old black C3 while driving on a freeway underneath another freeway were the lighting ain't to good? I never drove agresivily or tried to provoke him in any way? The angle he was at did aford him a view of my license plate.! I would have gotten his plate number as well but it would have meant following him and driving agressive to do it and thats not what i wanted to do. We were never along side each other, and he never made any attemp at eye contact or anything liek that. Fortunetly i dont feel the images will be very good as I am a photographer n the US Navy and even a 5 megapixel digitasl camera would be hard pressed to provide a usable image once enlarged. It would be way too pixelated. We are all aware of how much attention these C3 vettes attract and i have noticed people staring at the car on the road but i've never noticed any taking pictures. Has this ever happened to any of you guys?
Old 10-13-2003, 07:08 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (sharkthehunter77)

when driving mine, i hardly run across anyone walking along the road that doesn't stop and stare while i go buy. could be the looks, or maybe the dual exhaust gets their attention :reddevil
as for taking pics, i was in a restaraunt once, and when i came out, there was a man and lady taking pics of my car from different angles. pretty :cool: i talked to them...nice folks :D the only other time i've seen people taking pics of my car was at car shows, which is explainable ;)
Old 10-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (corvettemaster)

Go look at the ricer forum. The dumb butt probably posted them saying.
" I was able to keep up with this vette.... :eek: "

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-14-2003, 01:49 AM
standup
Drifting

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (sharkthehunter77)

...I am a photographer n the US Navy and even a 5 megapixel digitasl camera would be hard pressed to provide a usable image once enlarged....
Were the drivers Japanese....'cause I've heard these people are pretty good at taking pictures :)

I wouldn't say it's creepy....let's face it, digital cameras allow people to waste photographs....if it doesn't turn out, they'll just delete it......

Look at it as a compliment....I've had people ask to take pics of my Vette who I would have thought wouldn't be remotely interested in it.....old people, young people, Ricers, whatever.....it's a car everyone likes......
Old 10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

WELCOME TO 'RICERSIZUSFORUMS.C0M

"Yo! Dawgs! Check out this Wak pic I got yaztaday. I raced this old hooptie corvette and beat it by 3 car lengths (4 civic lengths). And dat was in Reverse!" BOOOYAA!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:59 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (clutchdust)

Only one word sums it up:

Jealousy
Old 10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (6t9l4t6)

What does your car look like?

Have you ever seen the web site called http://www.riceboypage.com

They might be fighting back! They might have started "VetteBoy" I've seen pictures of Cappy's Hawaiin car and it looks like some kind of Pimp Daddy Mobile. :crazy:
Old 10-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (6t9l4t6)

He is probably getting the tag to steal it later :eek:
Old 10-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!! (Alwyn678)

:iagree:

Get notified of new replies

To Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!!

Quick Reply: Creepy! Rice rocket was taking pictures of the vette on the freeway today!!!