C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just thought I'd share...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Leos 81
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just thought I'd share...

I bought the Zaino system and tried it this weekend. I had a nice thick coat of wax on the Vette, so I was a little tentative stripping it off with the claybar, but I knew that the Vette really needed me to take a claybar to it.

Anyway, I did it and immediately slapped on two coats of polish and WOW! It looks great! And it feels so soft, just like a brand new car. I highly recomment the Zaino system including claybar if you have never used it. :thumbs:

I plan to throw on a couple more coats of Zaino polish before I put her down for the winter, but I think two is good for now.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (Leos 81)

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (SnoDrgn)

I already use it

[Modified by Alwyn678, 12:27 PM 10/13/2003]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
baja216
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (Leos 81)

I love Zaino, I've already got about ten coats on my ride!
Old 10-13-2003, 01:19 PM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (baja216)

`scuse my ignorance,but what is a "Claybar" ? :confused: :cheers:
Old 10-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (BB wowbagger)

Claybar is a lump of what looks like plasticine modeling clay, you spray a little detailing mist on your car, then drag the flattened piece of clay over the area. It removes all sorts of surface contamination and dirt that you normally can't see or even feel. It is pretty amazing at how smooth the paint will be after using it. To reuse the clay bar you just kneed it back up and flatten it out again.
Makes a big difference on the surface finish of the car. It will get so smooth that you can't lay a piece of paper on the hood without it sliding off.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Leos 81
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Just thought I'd share... (Smokehouse69)

Claybar is a lump of what looks like plasticine modeling clay, you spray a little detailing mist on your car, then drag the flattened piece of clay over the area. It removes all sorts of surface contamination and dirt that you normally can't see or even feel. It is pretty amazing at how smooth the paint will be after using it. To reuse the clay bar you just kneed it back up and flatten it out again.
Makes a big difference on the surface finish of the car. It will get so smooth that you can't lay a piece of paper on the hood without it sliding off.
Let's not forget to mention that when you use the claybar, in addition to contaminents, it also strips off all wax that is on the car leaving the paint completely vulnerable to the elements. After using the claybar, you MUST throw on at least one coat of wax on the car before it is driven to protect the paint/clearcoat. I didn't take the Vette out today because I only have two coats on it right now. I think I'll leave it in the garage until I get a couple more coats on it just to be safe. I really don't want to have to wash it before I polish it again because washing it may just strip off some of the polish I just applied.

Get notified of new replies

To Just thought I'd share...

Quick Reply: Just thought I'd share...