C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Scudd
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!!

The wife and I are coming home from the movies at 1:00am. I run into one of those red lights that's red for no reason at all that early in the a.m., and it seems to take forever. This massive truck pulls up to the light a few seconds later. I can't believe the size of this thing. I'm looking at the top of the wheel from where I sit. Then I hear this battleship rev its motor. I'm thinking, please! Laughing my azz off,I say to the wife "I think he wants some." The light turns green and this guy floors it. A few milliseconds later I'm thinking "what the heck there's nobody else on the road and I'm feeling the need to open it up. By the time I hit second gear I'm flying past this tank. I was a bit disappointed that I could not accelerate past him with 1st gear alone. After 3 to 4 car lengths I hit the brakes to slow to make my turn home. That's about it. Just thought it was a humorous kill story.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:32 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Chevy turbo diesel truck wanted some !!! (Scudd)

Yeah it's amazing the number of people out there that want to try to beat a vette, but it's up to us to refrain from providing these people with an image of "every vette driver is willing to race all the time".

Next time, let him go. you won't be endangering any innocent bystanders.
I try to follow this thought, really I do. :blueangel:
Old 10-11-2003, 04:17 AM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!! (Scudd)

You might want to be careful about racing desiel trucks. Forum member DaBo's 4 door Chevy truck runs 14's in the quarter mile and pushes 30 pounds of boost through the turbo. :eek:
Old 10-12-2003, 01:10 AM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend here was telling me about his ride in his friends ford dieseal dually. Well apparently the guy put a twin turbo bigblock diseal mopar engine in it. The hp is at 600, and the torque went off the dyno, which tops at 1200 ft/lbs. Hmm sounds fun. Im told its used for towing but he punched it starting off in 3rd gear was was smoking the tires. Given there si no weight on those tires but still 1200ft/lbs, i think thats quite a bit for a pickup.

MAtt
Old 10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Scudd
Safety Car

Default Re: Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!! (pillowmeto)

:eek:
Old 10-12-2003, 06:40 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

seen a new Dodge turbo diesel with the turbo upgraded package smoke a 2002 Ram Air TA....not a pretty site.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:10 PM
79Corvette02
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!! (pillowmeto)

Mopar doesn't make a big block diesel. Dodge trucks use Cummins Straight 6 Diesel Engines. But its besides the point. Just watch out for diesels, they're like a Supra or a GN, easy to mod, scary fast, easy to plant the power (at the strip, they'll launch in four wheel drive :eek: :D ). An Edge module on a 6.0 Powerstroke (International's Diesel in the Fords) will give the engine more HP than a Z06, and more than double the torque. Some guys use bigger BB turbos and Mini-Me injectors, and 11's are easy :crazy: .

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!!

Quick Reply: Chevy turbo desiel truck wanted some !!!