C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUTO TRANSMISSION CABLE WHERE DOES IT ATTATCH TO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default AUTO TRANSMISSION CABLE WHERE DOES IT ATTATCH TO

I need to know where the transmission cable attatches on the vehicle. Im totally lost. I have an Edelbrock carb and bought a holley throttle cable bracket. I relly need help. Anyone with an Edel carb, and an automatic tranny please post pics if possible.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:21 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: AUTO TRANSMISSION CABLE WHERE DOES IT ATTATCH TO (Oldguard 7)

MOST trannies need about 1.5 inches from pivot center to center on the stud that is about the right amount of throw for proper pull of the tranny cable...
the accelerator/cruise obviously pull on the lower section typically, and the top section of the driver's side is the tranny kickdown cable....

obviously the bracket for the cables has to be in a position so when throttle is closed there is not much if any tension on any slip cable lines...tranny may have a very slight bit, but should be adjusted to pull decent tension when throttle is all the way open....making sure tranny knows to increase pump/line pressures for max shift firmness....

GENE

Quick Reply: AUTO TRANSMISSION CABLE WHERE DOES IT ATTATCH TO