C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 07:06 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control

I was on my home from work today when out of nowhere this Celica starts riding my bumper in an effort to pass the truck beside us.

I tap my brakes to let him know he's a :conehead head and let him pass.
I'm waiting to turn left and he's smiling at me.
He must have impressed his cool friends with that stunt because after I turned we met up again on the other side of town.....he does the exact same thing, then laughs at me...

I wanted to...I mean I could have...I should have....but I chose just to wave :seeya to him and bite my tongue. :rant:

What would YOU have done? Les
Old 10-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (AGVI)

What would YOU have done? Les
My head tells me to blow his doors off, but now a days I have more self control. I don't waste my time with ricers I usually point and laugh, that pisses them off pretty good and I didn't endanger my life or anyones elses yet I feel satisfied. Childish yes, but satisfied. :D
Old 10-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (Corey 68)

I agree, point and laugh at their ride, then refuse to endulge them. That will wipe the dumb grin off of their face.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (Corvette_fetish)

Tomorrow you will have forgotten about it. If you had taken care of him you might have hurt yourself, him or someone else and that would have been with you for life. Cooler head prevailed here. You know he is no competition. Just young inexperienced testosterone (sp) looking to show off.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:23 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (Gordonm)

I always give the fake YAWN sign, then start laughing :lol: :lol:
Old 10-10-2003, 08:38 PM
80Xflags
Pro

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (theandies)

I always give the fake YAWN sign, then start laughing :lol: :lol:
:yawn: :lol: :lolg: :seeya :D

I like that approach!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:28 PM
My69
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (AGVI)

:iagree:
Old 10-10-2003, 10:42 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (My69)

i would have got the crow bar from the back of the vette and smashed his Fing window out... :thumbs:
Old 10-10-2003, 10:43 PM
pillowmeto
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One night i was with a friend of mine and we were going through a small town with a big highway and lots of stop lights in it. This guy in a conversion van kept trying to race me, my friend, allyson, had to point it out to me caus ei wa sjsut pulling out normally form the light and was right beside him while his rpms were flying. Well he was just being a jackass. He tried to race em at every light and was jsut doing some stupid manuvers, expecially for a conversion van, i think he was about 40 too. Well i tried to slow down and let him go ahead because he was egtting dangerous to eveyone. After that approach and leaving the lights after a long pause and everything he was still racing, so about 10 lights later, there are about 15 on the road with in a 3 mile area, i decided i would ahve to use my power to get out of it because trying to just ignore him was not working, he was very determined. After the 2nd or 3rd to last light i jsut gave it a little gas and lsot him back behind about 5 cars or so and never saw him again. And by the way there were really no exits on the right side, plus i was in the left lane, it ranges from 2 to 3. Also the only other exits are left, most of the lights are just to let people get in that lane and you have to go down and turn around for alot of the places, or atleast at the time this happened. Im sure i could have found somewhere to pull off if i had thougt of it, but if he was being that aggresive then whos to say he wouldnt too. Oh well it was a bad situation put to rest and im glad it didnt end badly but it just goes to show that there are some really stupid and sgresive people out there.

MAtt
Old 10-10-2003, 10:46 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Celica? :confused: Isn't that the stuff they use to make fake boobies?? :lol; MJ
Old 10-10-2003, 10:49 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

just wave by....they know they're stupid and got no respect with that stupid act. i really hate getting started on ricers... :cuss
Old 10-10-2003, 10:56 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

I don't know what it means, but when you drive around in a Corvette people just want to race you. It happens to me all the time. Of course, street racing is illegal and I would never do that. It would just be wrong. ;)
Old 10-11-2003, 09:09 AM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control (1bad69)

i would have got the crow bar from the back of the vette and smashed his Fing window out... :thumbs:
:iagree: with this nutbar!!!....but, I would probably never stop :crazy:

:party: :thumbs: I need the Toronto Sharks hotline number! One call and we 'attack' :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control

Quick Reply: Toyota Celica was playing with me today...a lesson in self control