C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New heavy duty copper/brass radiator, I just bought one on ebay for $160

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default New heavy duty copper/brass radiator, I just bought one on ebay for $160

For anyone looking for a 4 row heavy duty radiator, I just picked one up on ebay for around $160 with shipping. The guys sells tons of them on ebay and has lots of positive feedback. You can find him by doing a search on ebay for a corvette radiator. If anyone is interested, I can find his user name for you. I just installed it last night, and it fits perfectly. The radiator looks to be of excellent quality, fit and finish. Probably made by the same company that sells them to Autozone, but I saved about $100.00. Installing a shinny new part that I saved lots of $$$$ on it my kind of project.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: New heavy duty copper/brass radiator, I just bought one on ebay for $160 (Frankenvette)

I put a 4 core in my 82 last spring and it solved any overheating problems. And, horror of horrors, I do not have any side foam seals nor on the top.

Only one or twice did it get to 210+ and that was after a long sit with no movement nor airflow. I am almost thinking about putting back in the 195 thermostat for winter as it will sit at 180 all the time in other than heat of August in Houston.

You will like the results.

Quick Reply: New heavy duty copper/brass radiator, I just bought one on ebay for $160