C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on 82 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 03:03 PM
jwatty
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice needed on 82 headlights

Advice needed. I recently replaced the rubber boots and seals on both headlamp actuators. They worked great for several months, but one has always came up slower than the other and has now gotten to the point that it will only raise a fraction of an inch. I can give it a little manual assistance (lift it) and it comes on up. It appears to have enough vacuum. Any advice on what can be done short of taking the actuator back apart would be appreciated.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:58 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Default Re: Advice needed on 82 headlights (jwatty)

There are the actuators which you rebuilt and then actuator relays which also have an effect on your lights operation.

Also there are springs which pull on the assembly, check those to be sure they're all there and not broken or streched.

Last is probably the clevis and pins which the assembly moves on. If this is worn, you could have the problem.

Try to swap your actuators to see if this changes the slow side or not. If it does, then you may have found the problem.

Basically you have 2 sides which are interchangable and you could use this to troubleshoot down to your faulty component.

PITA but its probably what you have to do in order to fix the lights.

Brent...
Old 10-10-2003, 09:47 PM
jwatty
Racer

Default Re: Advice needed on 82 headlights (MN-Brent)

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that there was somthing that could be lubricated that might help. I have been swapping some hoses from one actuator to the other, but really havent seen a difference in how they respond .. thanks again ...
Old 10-10-2003, 10:03 PM
LeAnn82Collector
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Advice needed on 82 headlights (jwatty)

I went through similar situation recently and it was a relay.

Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Advice needed on 82 headlights

Quick Reply: Advice needed on 82 headlights