C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poker Run..

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
apple76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poker Run..

Ok, I'm ignorant... What exactly is a "poker run". A local bike club had one last week. I noticed car clubs have them too... :crazy:
Old 10-10-2003, 02:24 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Poker Run.. (apple76)

Typically, it's like a rally with five or more stops. you get a card at each stop, and the best hand at the end of the run wins a prize or something.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:25 PM
apple76
Pro

Default Re: Poker Run.. (Jeff 6T9)

Cool ,I had no idea...
Old 10-10-2003, 03:36 PM
James
Burning Brakes

I know they have speed boat Poker Runs all over the country at different lakes accross the US. The only reason I know this is that the guy that built the engine for my vette has a 26 foot Elimantor "Cat" style of speed boat and he won his class on the The Lake of The Ozarks Poker Shootout this summer. Ran 140 miles per hour accross the lake. I can't even begin to imagine going 140 on land let alone water!!!!!! I guess that is what you get when you run and all alimuinum 572 cubic blown motor that makes over 1500 horse.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 10-11-2003, 07:09 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh yeah, poker runs are great. :thumbs: We have one every summer at our Corvette Rally. You draw a card at each stop, they right down what you drew and put thier official stamp on your card at each stop, then you turn the card in when you get back to the start. Best hand wins. The nice thing is the run is usually spread out over a length of time, so you have time at each stop to chat with friends, have a beverage, whatever, and it's not a race, just gotta make it through all of the stops. The group that we run with is 5 cars and we take turns leading our group at each stop, so everybody gets a chance to lead, always making sure to not run away from the group so that we all stay together. :steering: :yesnod: It's great. One of the highlights of my summer. :thumbs:

-Justin

Get notified of new replies

To Poker Run..

Quick Reply: Poker Run..