C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Bill Oxley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality?

Need to replace my right side door panel, saddle is the color; which vendor provides the highest quality, for the comparative price, for my 74? (But quality and color match are more important)

Tnx
Old 10-09-2003, 10:06 PM
hgpreston
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality? (Bill Oxley)

The best I can tell Corvette America/Auto Accessories of America makes practically every door panel I've seen. They are just sold thru different vendors but they come from the same place. I think they match the colors great but unless your other panel is "perfect" you'll be able to tell. I'd buy 2. It would be kinda like replacing 1 seat cover. Check with Corvette America about NQP/blem panels. That's what I did. Good luck!! :D
Old 10-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: 1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality? (Bill Oxley)

Hey Bill....

I already IM'd you my answer. Details, details, details. I have a question for you. I've never even got into one of the C-5's, but have plans to rent one either over Thanksgiving or Christmas when I go home. I figure it's a decent way to get the idea of the new vettes over a 3-4 day period and have a cheap thrill without laying out $40,000. So, the question is....

"If someone was looking for a low milage C-5, are there any better years compared to others?" I think GM has always had their quirky years for things when they make major changes, so does it apply to any of the C-5's?

Get notified of new replies

To 1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality?

Quick Reply: 1974 door panel crack, who is best retro supplier for quality?