C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing with my mixing control valve (again) and the book tells me to "Check voltage at M/C solenoid dwell lead". Is the M/C solenoid dwell lead the green plug that is taped together with the wire that goes to the M/C valve? If so how do I test it for voltage? Thanks for any help.
I'm supposed to be out looking for a job, but the wife is at work,my daughter is in school and its way to nice out to waste the day on job hunting so I thought I would get the repair manual out and play some more. Only I s--k at electrical. :nonod:
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 PM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Richard Cooper)

sorry man I have no idea what you are talking about....
gimi somre info

cheers chad
Old 10-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (71'AirStrike)

My check engine light is on on my 81. I get a code 23 which is M/C solenoid circuit. I have the 81 shop manual and it gives you step by step directions on what to look for. It says for step one: Turn ignition "on", engine stopped. it then says, do NOT ground "test" term. And finally: check voltage at M/C solenoid dwell lead.
What I need to know is where is the M/C solenoid test lead and how do I check it for voltage? I have a meter, but do not know where to hook the wires to. Thanks again. :seeya
Old 10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

TTT :seeya
Old 10-11-2003, 09:20 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know what a code 23 for 81 is. My 82 shop manual shows 22 and 24 but no 23 so sorry. M/C? what is it Motor Contol?, Master Cylinder?, Mission Control? Houston.

The 81 CPU only controls spark advance and carb fuel metering?

Anyways to make a voltage check, you need to take the meter black lead (V- or common) and put it to the chassis steel (AKA Battery V-) and take the meters red lead (V+) and put it to the test terminal you are wanting to check. You need to know what level of voltage your are expecting to read so you can set the scale, unless your DMM meter has an autoscale.

Brent...

Get notified of new replies

To Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!