C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C o-rings

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Augie 79
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default A/C o-rings

I've got my A/C system completely out of the car (along with the motor). After I leak check the evaporator and condenser I'm going to start re-installing everything. Only problem is I forgot to order new o-rings and I want to start putting everything back together this week-end. My question is....do the P/Ns called out in the assembly manual work at the local Chevy dealer? The manual calls out 3140600 & 3140852 o-rings. Maybe the best bet is to just take pages 175 & 177 to the dealer with me. Anybody ever buy these o-rings from a dealer? After this is done the re-build motor goes back in. Sorry if this is a repeat. yeppie! The Forum is working!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:18 AM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: A/C o-rings (Augie 79)

Best thing is to take the old parts with you to compare, but the GM parts guy should have a similar book. I bought the O-ring kit from Zip which had everything I needed.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:47 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

a/c O rings are very common item from any parts house worth a flip....and they should be green or maybe blue in color, no longer black....it's for the new 134 freon....which works fine BTW....

GENE
Old 10-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Augie 79
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: A/C o-rings (mrvette)

Thanks for the info guys. I'm off to the Dealer after work. I'll be using the 134 also.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:09 PM
LABulldog
Burning Brakes

Don't know about the R-134, but be sure to soak the o-rings in AC oil before installing if you're using R-12. If not, the chances of get a good seal are reduced significantly and then you'll have to reinstall them. Ask me how I know!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:38 PM
Viken
Advanced

Default Re: A/C o-rings (LABulldog)

i had a few missing o-rings after i installed my new parts... i took it to an a/c shop to get it recharged, and the guy just installed some new rings for me... he also filled it with some stuff called freezone... said it was less corrosive than the 134, and it cools very well... if i could do it again, i would have shopped around for a better compressor than the replacement ac delco... seems very "clunky", though just my opinion... and a/c rules, even if it is a noisy hp thief...

Get notified of new replies

To A/C o-rings

Quick Reply: A/C o-rings