C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate Bubba

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 04:30 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 755 Likes on 525 Posts

Default I hate Bubba

I drove my car to work today and on the way home I noticed that my brake lights were not working (I do love the fiber optics). When I got home I checked the switch and it was working. I check the fuse....OK. I noticed that there was a round cylinder that appeared to be spliced with 3M splices between the white and orange wires that lead to the switch. WTF :confused: :confused: I removed this thing and it was a 47mF cap. I reconnected the brake light switch and everything worked. The only thing I can think of is Bubba put this cap there to keep the brake switch from making a pop in the radio. (47mF is a good noise reducer capacitor). I turned on the radio and tried the brakes and I don't have a popping sound. WTF was Bubba doing??????? Anyone know why Bubba would do this other than noise suppression??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 10-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: I hate Bubba (theandies)

Yours is not the only car like this. I have read about several others that have had this same problem. My car still has the cap installed. So if the brakes lights ever go out, I will now know where to look first.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: I hate Bubba (theandies)

A couple of years ago I found one on a 71 with failed tail lights myself, I wonder if dealers might have put these in to fix problems with radio noise?
Maybe some kind of service bulletin?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:15 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I hate Bubba (Smokehouse69)

My father and I have '71's and both cars have the 'cap'. I does look like an afterthought or a dealer installed it. I do know it has been there for a long time from the looks of it!!

Get notified of new replies

To I hate Bubba

Quick Reply: I hate Bubba