C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power brake conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 12:49 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power brake conversion

Anybody ever converted a c-3 with manual brakes to power? What needs to be changed? Can it be done without hacking the car?
Old 10-07-2003, 01:25 PM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Power brake conversion (PRESSURERAT)

master cylinder, power booster with rods and proportioning valve. Take a look at most car mags and see a company called Master Brakes ads. They make complete kits. Call them for specifics.

Or find a wrecked C3 with power brakes and take all.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Jay M
Drifting

http://www.hydroboost.com/ is a great Product! The brakes are amazing now it is almost supernatural. I feel like I can stop the car within 10 feet at any speed.

I highly recommed their kit. As a bonus I think it is slightly cheaper than and MUCH easier than converting to factory power assist.

~Jay
Old 10-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Power brake conversion (Jay M)

:iagree: I was going to convert to power brakes about 4 years ago. I had all the parts and found out the firwall is different from manual to power cars. They do have an adapter for it now. I sent everything back. I installed the hydroboost system instead and it fit great and was an easy install. Plus the braking is tremendious. Much better than power brakes. It is a smaller system than power booster also.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:35 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

Default Re: Power brake conversion (Gordonm)

I like the thought of the hydroboost system, but it is out of my price range. I noticed you said something about an adapter for the power brake booster. Who sells it?? I already have a couple of good used boosters and a reman master cylinder from other projects; it would be a lot easier financially to do a conventonal upgrade. All else considered, the only other thing to change is the proportioning block. Am I right??
Old 10-07-2003, 10:53 PM
PRESSURERAT
Pro

I like the thought of the hydroboost system, but it is out of my price range. I noticed you said something about an adapter for the power brake booster. Who sells it?? I already have a couple of good used boosters and a reman master cylinder from other projects; it would be a lot easier financially to do a conventonal upgrade. All else considered, the only other thing to change is the proportioning block. Am I right??

Get notified of new replies

To Power brake conversion

Quick Reply: Power brake conversion