C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:54 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale?

Just thought i'd ask before i have a new one shipped in. Offcourse just after getting the crate motor in and carefully putting darn near a thousand mile on her in 2 1/2 weeks. I noticed a leak from the rear end after replacing a rotted fuel line into the fuel pump. Gonna make someone else do the job as i have no experience in this area but it looks like a b!t$h. Porbably gonna end up getting a new one but if theres a good one out there give me a holler!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:13 AM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale? (sharkthehunter77)

Are you sure that you need a new gas tank. It's probably just a fuel line, or fuel return or overflow line that is leaking. There is a fuel line that goes to the tank that is infamous for leaks. The line rubs against the inner body and that creates a leak, fuel leaks onto mufflers and then fire starts. Look for fuel line or gas tank diagrams to find lines. If I remember correctly it is in the rear passenger side fender well. It is a PITA to change as you have to reach up under the body and almost work blind. HTH

Old 10-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale? (sharkthehunter77)

Gonna make someone else do the job as i have no experience in this area but it looks like a b!t$h.
I've done a tank change in my 77 and will gladly offer my assistance. Will work for air fare. :rolleyes: :D

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale?

Quick Reply: Anyone in hawaii got a spare gas tank for sale?