C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help- 79 windshield wiper switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
coz72lt1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help- 79 windshield wiper switch

Does anybody know the difference in the application of a windshield wiper switch with pulse and a switch without pulse. I need to replace mine and don't know which I have. A couple of parts catalogs list them both , but the tech line personnel don't seem to know the difference. Any help appreciated.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Skeets
Racer

Default Re: Help- 79 windshield wiper switch (coz72lt1)

As far as i know, pulse is.... with the switch in the 'off' position, you can push it downwards against a spring resistance... this will operate the wipers until you release the switch, when it will spring back to the 'off' position. If your's does this, you've got pulse!

.. hope this helps :D

Old 10-06-2003, 03:52 PM
johnnyc
Instructor

My '79 has intermittent wipers, the switch rotates to adjust the delay of the wipers. Not sure if pulse refers to that, or what SKEETS said. When I orderd the new swith, it had a small arrow on the ****. I pulled the **** off my original switch and stuck it on the new one. When I changed mine, I dropped the column a few inches, pulled the speedo cluster, and went in that way. Wasn't too bad. Disconnect the battery before you start poking around in there. Good luck....JC
Old 10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Skeets
Racer

Default Re: Help- 79 windshield wiper switch (johnnyc)

yep.. i've got intermittent too, but the pulse thing is different. Don't know if it was standard or not though??
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 PM
molchaser
Advanced

They are different. I just redid the graphics on mine without intermittment feature. The "plain" one just slides and the pulse also twists.

Ironically the "plain" costs more (at least at Ecklers) Look for part #A8216. Price in my book is $80.99

Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Help- 79 windshield wiper switch

Quick Reply: Help- 79 windshield wiper switch