C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPPER, LOWER, CENTER RADIATOR BRACKETS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default UPPER, LOWER, CENTER RADIATOR BRACKETS

I am planning to put the radiator back in the vehicle. I have my upper brackets. I only had th LH upper bracket (bought the RH bracket from Zip today) I noticed that Zip's bracket didnt not look like the OEM bracket.
However, do the flanges on the brackets go in between the condenser and the rad support? Or do they go in the inside the rad support ? (side closest to the engine) Does anyone have any pics of these brackets? I really need help on this one.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:38 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: UPPER, LOWER, CENTER RADIATOR BRACKETS (Oldguard 7)

Well Ya know my ’74 had a ’72 –’73 core support and brackets. Guess I wasn’t the first one to R&R the radiator and support. Now I did this recently on my ’74 and replaced core support, fan shroud & extension and all the radiator seals. For the ’74 the lower brackets are welded on the core support and each have a cushion for the radiator. The upper brackets bolt onto the core support and draw in the radiator tight against the core support seals – these have cushions also. No they don’t go between the condenser and core support – engine side only. But be careful as previous installer used too long of bolts to draw in radiator and bolt pushed into core causing leaks – which in turn ruined the core support. Finally the fan shroud bolts onto core support and it has a couple of brackets to. Sorry no pix but most catalogs have something helpful. :seeya

Quick Reply: UPPER, LOWER, CENTER RADIATOR BRACKETS