C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sizes of fuel line hoses ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sizes of fuel line hoses ??

So I walk out to the garage and as soon as I step inside I'm hit with a strong smell of gasoline...I'm like what the hell!! After checking the lawn mowers and yard crap I walk over to the side and notice it's really strong around the vette... notice a couple new wet spots around the passenger side of the engine bay. The damn fuel line where it goes from metal line to rubber is dripping :eek:

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up new hoses, and need to know what size to get. It's the smaller one that's leaking, but just to be safe I'm going to replace both rubber hoses that go from the metal line to the fuel pump.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Default Re: sizes of fuel line hoses ?? (Metal Wulf)

If this is the hose from the pump to the metal line that goes to the carb then do yourself a favor and buy the correct molded hoses from one of the vendors. If you try to use regualr 3/8" gasoline hose it will kink and likely cause fuel delivery problems.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: sizes of fuel line hoses ?? (PatG)

If this is the hose from the pump to the metal line that goes to the carb then do yourself a favor and buy the correct molded hoses from one of the vendors. If you try to use regualr 3/8" gasoline hose it will kink and likely cause fuel delivery problems.
I didn't know they were molded... i thought they were just regular cut hose. I'll check the vendors
Old 10-02-2003, 08:53 PM
bertmeister
Pro

Default Re: sizes of fuel line hoses ?? (PatG)

:iagree:
Tried replacing mine with hose from Napa and it kinked. Bought the molded stuff from Ecklers, worked great. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To sizes of fuel line hoses ??

Quick Reply: sizes of fuel line hoses ??