C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropping the engine...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:45 PM
ill_driver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping the engine...

I am waiting to get the lines from the fuel pump to the carburetor from Summit. How hard is it giong to be to run the line if I go ahead and drop the engine in? I am pretty sure I got the braided steel line so I dont think it should be too difficult. Any suggestions before I drop her?
Thanks,
-Karl

Old 10-01-2003, 07:28 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Default Re: Dropping the engine... (ill_driver)

shouldn't be difficult at all..i've had my line, pump, and carb off the motor so many times..i can do it blind folded now. good luck dropping that motor in...whats the specs you got on that anyways??
Old 10-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

It's definitely easier to set up the fuel line before you drop the engine in as I am guessing you are going with a braided line set-up that you are going to have to cut & install AN fittings on. I ended up making my own bracket to keep the line out of the way of the harmonic balancer that bolted to the unused threaded holes where the AC unit would be attached. Odds are you are going to have to drop the engine in without the fuel pump on anyway because of clearance problems, so waiting and getting everything straight might make it alot easier.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:11 PM
ill_driver
Advanced

Default Re: Dropping the engine... (bgrice)

I decided to go ahead and drop it in. I didnt get my stuff in the mail today so I'll just try to fiddle with it tomorrow when it comes in (hopefully). The specs on it are 4 bolt main block bored out to .080 over. 3750 stroke crank make this engine a 392 cubic inches. It has a set of late 80's style Corvette aluminum heads with all new valves and springs to match the .480 lift hydraulic cam 290 duration, High rise aluminum intake. 5.7 long rods with ARP bolts, new rings , rods and main bearings.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

It's not as if you have a radiator or cowling to fight with, so a piece of cake to do the fuel line. Nice looking engine!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:41 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

I dropped the engine first, then bent the lines and hooked everything up. It's not hard at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Dropping the engine...

Quick Reply: Dropping the engine...