C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Met Kevin Whitlow (Kevin_73) yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:03 PM
WPEDirect
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Met Kevin Whitlow (Kevin_73) yesterday...

...for some hand-me-down tires and shocks. Super nice guy! After seeing his very nice Vette in person, I have to say that my new favorite color on C3's is silver. He was also very helpful with some info on my Vette. Within 3 minutes of opening the hood, he spotted a potentialy dangerous loose upper A-arm on the passenger side - the shims were falling out!

Kevin - as soon as I got home, the nuts were tightened up against the mount, and I was out for a test drive. Remember how I said it roadwalked all over the place before? Well, it also had severe understeer. If I took a normal corner on the street at more than 35-40, the front tires were squealing. During my test drive, I visited a deserted street with some hairy corners - and took them at well over 65-70. The thing cornered like it was on rails! Thanks, Kevin. I hope I can return the favor some day soon!

:D

[Modified by WPEDirect, 12:04 PM 10/1/2003]
Old 10-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Kevin_73
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Default Re: Met Kevin Whitlow (Kevin_73) yesterday... (WPEDirect)

Thanks for the kind words Jason. It was good to meet you too.
I'm glad to hear you got those control arm bolts tightened up. I'll bet it does drive a little better now, but I would discourage you from taking too many of those 65-70mph corners until you have gotten it in for a proper alignment. :yesnod:
If there is anything else I can help you with just let me know.

Quick Reply: Met Kevin Whitlow (Kevin_73) yesterday...