C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Carpet Question

Old 10-01-2003, 07:25 AM
snakey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Carpet Question

I'm getting ready to reinstall carpet (77-red). I've done business with Doc Rebuild before and got good service. Their carpet prices seem good. Anyone bought a set from them with feedback?

Also, Is there a simple way to remvoe the storage compartment door edges from the carpeted doors?.

Thanks,

snakey
Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 AM
gmcclurg
Racer

Default Re: Another Carpet Question (snakey)

I have also used the Doc for some parts and like his service. I am not sure which carpet he usses. Most replacement carpet is made by ACC and is sold by several vendors, Zip, Ecklers, Corvette America, Willcox etc. I used ACC from Willcox in my 77, and it worked fine. Shop for the best price. You may want to do a search for threads about putting some insulation under the carpet. I used EZ cool and it went down easily and has helped with noise and heat. I replaced the storage compartment doors and frame, so I can't help you on that
Old 10-01-2003, 08:27 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Another Carpet Question (gmcclurg)

like gmcclurg said, its all pretty much made by the same folks so shop for price...
i spent over $850 with Willcox yesterday, i found the're prices lower than anybodys...
i have bought from them before with satisfaction... http://www.yankeelady.com/willcox/
Old 10-01-2003, 09:52 PM
NorthVette
Racer

In my opinion, about 80+% of the vendors are using ACC, so deal with someone you like and get good service from...

As for the storage compartment doors, I have yet to hear of a good way to get the trim away from the doors... GM glued them on... When I heard that I just bought a new storage door as'ly with the carpets and frame...

Good luck, have fun and :cheers:

[Modified by NorthVette, 7:58 PM 10/1/2003]
Old 10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

if your going to do any other interior restoration, most venders offer package prices

Get notified of new replies

To Another Carpet Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Carpet Question