C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:04 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green.

Yep we are putting it on the market at the end of the week. I have made two trips back to BG the last month and I guess I miss it there. I will be looking to buy a mini farm. I am going back up in Oct to do some deer hunting and we will be looking at property when we get there. Florida is better Vette weather but being where they build them is not bad either. I used to live 4 mile from the plant, lived there for about 9 years. If this all works out I will not miss any CF gatherings in the future :cheers: :cheers: . BTW anyone want to buy a 4 brm house with a in ground pool in FL?? :D

Bob
Old 10-01-2003, 05:16 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (BeachinVette)

Wow! That's a big move. I had no idea you were even considering it. I hope everything works out smoothly for you. Living on a bunch of land would definitley be cool (I'm thinking dirt bikes and ATVs!)

Have fun and keep in touch!

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 08:27 AM
72vetteman
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Bob,
I personaly dont know of anyone looking in your area for a house but I would be more than happy to put you in touch with a good Realtor in your area. Let me know if I can help. Scott
Old 10-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Hard to believe you would miss BG living in Fla....I have visited both :lol: Good luck :cheers:
Old 10-01-2003, 10:43 AM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (Alwyn678)

Hard to believe you would miss BG living in Fla....I have visited both :lol: Good luck :cheers:
Florida is WAY, WAY over-rated. I've lived there for 10.5 years and finally was able to leave. I got an assignment to Oklahoma City and have been here since the end of June- not my ideal place either, but it's ALOT better than Florida.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:10 PM
AD2VET
Melting Slicks

CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (79VetteMike)

...Florida is WAY, WAY over-rated. I've lived there for 10.5 years and finally was able to leave. I got an assignment to Oklahoma City and have been here since the end of June- not my ideal place either, but it's ALOT better than Florida.
Got to disagree there...I've lived in both places and I would much rather live in FL.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:42 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (AD2VET)

You all kids say what you want, but then your turn comes to duck out on winter weather just cause it's too painful...and you turn to getting into another state that's more your liking, and don't forget you need to live too....
you gotta be aware that Kalifornia and the deserts are legally much better than Florida....NEVER do business with anyone in Florida...the weather is much better than anywhere else....depending on your own requirements of course....people don't come down here to make a living....if you do like I did and try again...all you will become is a victim of the corruption in this state...

GENE
Old 10-01-2003, 10:17 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (mrvette)

Hey Guys
I like Florida, the weather is nice when I look on the weather channel and the north is getting snow and ice dumped all over it, but,,,, Have you ever went out in 86 degree weather and tried to go deer hunting? It just does not work for me. I have not been in the ocean in two years since the 46 shark bites in Brevard county a couple years ago. We are not talking C3 sharks either. The biggest reason for the move back though is we want a small farm. We thought we could do it here but the property is way to expensive, 100 acres here could cost 3 million dollars :eek: :eek: . Back home you could get it for less than $200,000 already fenced and a couple barns on it. My neighbor across the street her daughter is coming over Sunday to look at our house she said she has admired it since we built it. She owns a real estate company so I told her lets make a deal. She wants it as an investment property. Things seem to be going pretty easy at this time, we will go up to BG in two weeks I have realitors calling me everyday wanting to show me small farms in my price range so it looks like we will have quite a few to choose from. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Bob
Old 10-01-2003, 10:32 PM
RichT
Instructor

Bob, stop by and visit with the 79 on your way up.
Rich :cheers:
Old 10-02-2003, 02:24 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (RichT)

You got it my friend :yesnod: :yesnod:

Bob
Old 10-02-2003, 06:14 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

That sounds like a great idea Bob. I always wanted more land, just never had more $$. I never understood the Florida attraction either. I can't stand when the temp gets higher than 75.

Guess you need to change your name again. Maybe Farming Bob. :lol: Good Luck. :thumbs:
Old 10-02-2003, 09:08 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green. (1970 Stingray)

Leon what part of PA do you live? I grew up in W PA Brookville exit 13 off I-80. Loved it there. My uncle owns PineCest horse stables / camp ground. Right above Clarion state park.

Bob
Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I know what you're saying about the hunting thing. I live in rural South Dakota (well, pretty much all of SD is rural :lol: ) but I live on a farm, mine is 160 acres, my dad has another 2000 acres, so we have plenty of hunting available to us. You just need those cool mornings to do your deer hunting. I hope you find what you are looking for, and enjoy the hobby farm. BTW, my dad is a farmer, I am a hobby farm. :yesnod: He has cattle and farm equipment to make a living, I have buffalo, a horse, llama, cats and dogs for fun. :D

-Justin
Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm just north of Pittsburgh Pa. This after being born & raised in the city. Thank God I moved out. I' now live very close to the Rt 8 & Pa turnpike interchange(exit 4). 79N is about 10 miles away. Clarion is about 1.5 hrs north of me.

Len

Get notified of new replies

To Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green.

Quick Reply: Selling the house to Move back to Bowling Green.