C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glass Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 09:55 PM
yankees1
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Glass Replacement

My windshield on my 72 was smacked real good by a rock and needs replaced. My vette is a VERY nice driver but not a show car. Should I pay the extra bucks for a LOF date coded glass or just get a PPG glass replacement? Also, my driver side door glass has several long scratches on it that I can feel with my fingernail. I would like to replace the glass as I have been told that if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail then the glass cannot be repaired. Can a replacement glass be ordered that will have the ASTRO VENTILATION etched into the glass? Anyone had any luck in removing deep scratched from glass? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:57 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Glass Replacement (yankees1)

If it's my car, a driver, I'm going with the PPG. Same thing with the side glass. If the scratches really bother me, I'm going for an inexpensive replacement.

I had some scratches on the windshield of an old company car I had. I was unable to get them fixed. I could feel the scratch with my nails. I would think repair would be half the cost of new, anyway.

Quick Reply: Glass Replacement