C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Barriers Questions????

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 09:49 PM
1972 Shark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Barriers Questions????

Anyone have any experience with heat barriers? Do they work well to reduce the heat inside? Just purchased a heat barrier kit while in Carlise. Just wanted to know is there anything I should know before I do the install? Any tricks of the trade? It looks pretty straight forward, Just time consuming taking carpet seats and console out. Thanks!

1972 Ontario Orange, Dark Saddle, 350, TH400
Old 09-30-2003, 10:02 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Heat Barriers Questions???? (1972 Shark)

From my experience a properly installed heat barrier will make a HUGE difference with interior temperatures, just make sure you seal all the little holes and leaks in the firewall while you're at it.
Tips and tricks...
Buy additional heat barrier material roll at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
Install your kit.
Wherever there are gaps cut custom pieces from your other roll of barrier material and install.
Use aluminum furnace tape (not duct tape) to seal all the gaps when finished.
Make sure you cover the entire floor, transmission tunnel, under the seats, etc. Your kit probably won't have pieces for all these areas.
Then install the carpet.
I am running a pretty stout 350 and I haven't had interior heat problems, except when it's like 100 outside and then there's nothing you can do cuz itz freakin hot everywhere!!
Jeff
Old 09-30-2003, 11:01 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Heat Barriers Questions???? (1972 Shark)

Be sure to replace all the boots: upper and lower shifter, clutch rod, acc cable, hood cable as well as grommets at wires. Also install the foam collar at bell housing.

[Modified by flynhi, 10:01 PM 9/30/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Heat Barriers Questions????

Quick Reply: Heat Barriers Questions????