C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:31 AM
wayvan2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this?????

Whenever the high beams are on and you turn on the left turn signal the high beams flash on and off, if I remove one the left side high beam then all the headlights flash, tried to remove all of the theft wiring as most of it was already cut up and still the same. ANYBODY got an idea of what I should now be looking for, maybe a ground missing or something like that? :confused:
Old 09-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Boofers
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this????? (wayvan2)

Interesting problem. I am assuming the highbeams flash at the same frequency as the turning signal lights? Do any other lights flash when this happens like dash or dome lights?

If you need schematisc here is a link to a 78, probably the same or very close to your 79.
http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/tune...l/index6.shtml
Old 09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
wayvan2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this????? (Boofers)

Yes they flash right along with the turn signal, soo far all that is left of the theft system should be the flasher and relay under the console plate, I will have to disconnect them to see if they are the culprit or not. THANKS for the link, great info, I will print some of then out tonight and take a closer look at all of it and see if my idea pans out. The vette is on its way to Minnesota today, so when my friend calls I will have him check and disconnect the theft parts in the console and see what we then have.

Again THANKS for the info, will let you know how it goes.

Wayne :crazy:

Get notified of new replies

To High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this?????

Quick Reply: High Beams Flash when Left Turn Signal is on, What's UP with this?????