C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Opinion On Car I found

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Shark Attack
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinion On Car I found

I looked at a 79 yesterday, the body i would say is good, paint was faded. I found no rust other than minor surface rust and none in the birdcage. Interior was about a 4 on a scale of 1-10 but he said he has new carpet for it which would jump the rating to a 6-7. It has no motor or trans but he might put one in it, still working the details on that one. The good things I found on this one were, no rot, no body damage, it has longtube headders and flowmaster exaust, and it comes with 2 sets of sidepipes. 1 set Chrome hooker supercomp with the tubes and 1 set hooker supercomps in black with the side tubes. It will need a windshield, new weather seals,(motor trans maybe), carpet(he has that)and the brakes gone through cause it has sat in a garage for 4 years. Although I really would like a chrome bumper car I can pick this one up between 4500-5000. What do you think? Thanks

Jerry
Old 09-29-2003, 09:45 AM
RC73
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need Opinion On Car I found (Shark Attack)

It sound to me like a lot of work, at least for me it would be. But, if you have the time and money, and want a project, go for it. If you want a chrome bumper vet, just keep looking, their around and you'll have what you want.

Of course, this is just my opinon and I'm not really into project cars, to much time and money involved. I like to maintain and cruise.

[Modified by RC73, 8:47 AM 9/29/2003]

[Modified by RC73, 8:49 AM 9/29/2003]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Rick68
Pro

It sounds a bit pricey to me. Knowing what it needs that you can see ( and I guarantee there will be a lot more that you don't) Grab some parts catalogs
and price the things you will need to make it a decent driver. You will be surprised how fast it will add up. Just a decent paint job could cost 4 to 5 grand. I would pass on this one save a couple of grand more a get one that needs a lot less work. I've seen some nice late 70's vettes in the $7000 range that you could drive and enjoy now.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Ice_Fire
Intermediate

I picked up my 77 back in July this year which has a good body, Quazare Blue, some chips here and there, L82 engine which runs out strong, needed tires, exhaust, brakes and a real good interior clean up as this car also sat for 41/2 yrs.
I got it for $3900.00 can - $2870.00 us . I now have $6200.00 can into it. Take ur time, I think you can do better and remember ....There is still the cost of fixing er up yet. :thumbs:
Old 09-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like to much money to me. Should be more like $1800 to $2000. You should be able to get a 79 for a little more money and be able to drive it around. Just my .02
Old 09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Shark Attack
Advanced

Default Re: Need Opinion On Car I found (Roadster71)

Thanks guys. I think I'll keep looking. Only other one Ive found is a matching number 70 that is in need of ALOT of resto @6500. Ihavnt inspected it yet cause is in florida but im waiting on more specific pictures. Thanks for the opinions.

Jerry

Get notified of new replies

To Need Opinion On Car I found

Quick Reply: Need Opinion On Car I found