C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for '69 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 02:02 PM
rponfick
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Question for '69 owners.

I replacing my mangled front clip with a new one piece unit from The Corvette Image in Gresham, Oregon. My new clip came with four small bonding strips (unmounted) that fit around underneath the headlight openings. They supposedly reinforce this area. I am having trouble figuring out how they bond on. My assembly manual doesn't show them, and I understand all '69's did not have them. They are 8" and 10" long. One is curved on the end, so I assume it fits around the curve of the opening on the inner edges of each headlight opening. The other piece has a lip on it, but it could go anywhere on the outer sides. I realize a picture under there is practically impossible, but if someone is familiar with them and can give me a sketch or explaination of how they mount, I would be most appreciative. Thanks. :banghead:
Old 09-28-2003, 09:53 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Question for '69 owners. (rponfick)

I think I know what you are talking about.

Are they l shaped pieces? Mine have long pieces like that on both sides of the headlight openings. The L's all face the center oif the car like this:

|_ headlight |_ _| headlight _|
---------- ------- ---------

(Well that is upside down, I can't do it rightside up with text)

Also ther is about 1/2" between the edge of the L and the headinght opening.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Question for '69 owners.