C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:18 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame

Ive been working on getting the body to sit right ever since i replaced the frame in this thing,its always leaned on one side and the wheel wells never looked right,,and today with the help of a few friends i got it.I took all the body bolts out last night around 1am in the morning,i couldnt sleep and it was really starting to bother me when i noticed the front end was over to the passenger side too much,i noticed it before with the tires in the wheel wells ,but finally really saw how much when i took body bolts back out.So this morning i jacked the body up in 3 spots and pryed and pushed the front end over and reshimmed it so now it sits right ,FINALLY.Only bad part was i cracked the body in 2 spots,,minor barely can see it,so now that made my mind up to put all 4 flares on starting at the end of next month.lotsa pictures of cutting and tearing. :thumbs:
Old 09-27-2003, 05:01 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame (patsnitrovette)

Ya know these sharks can be hard to stay ahead of on the repair curve. But I’m still think’n every hot rod has some major bugs to work out and the corvette has ‘bout the best support. One nice thing about fiberglass is you can beef up the repair stronger than original. :thumbs:
Old 09-27-2003, 06:02 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame (Ed T)

yeah i know ed,im finally back to working 5 days a week and all my stone is laid down(9 tons by hand)deck is built so now i have some free time to work on the vette.It cracked right under the stingray emblem on drivers side and passenger side,barely can see it but i know its there.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:08 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame (patsnitrovette)

I LOVE it when my favorite body fits right down just perfectly on my frame, my driveshaft properly aligned, and the sway bars well adjusted....

makes handling a dream in the wet......

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame

Quick Reply: FINALLY happy with the way the body sits on the frame