C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:43 AM
La Orange
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tail of the Dragon

Hi All
The Confederation of Corvette Clubs of Louisiana " a group of all the
Vette Clubs of Louisiana " is planning our fall trip. A Smoky Mountain
Adventure to Gatlinburg Tn. which will include a cruise through the " TAIL OF THE DRAGON " 311 turns within 11 miles The" Smoky Mountain cruisers" a local Vette group has offered to hoist us through the tail. The plain as of now is leave the New Orleans area about midday on Thursday the 23 of October and travel to Cherokee Tn. then tour that area Friday morning and travel to Gatlinburg Tn. for that evening . The next morning we will tour THE Tail and sounding area. Then Sunday we will all head home. I just wanted to pass a invitation on to join us. Let me know if any of you are interested and I will keep you informed of all the details :cheers: :flag :flag :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto:
Old 09-27-2003, 03:46 AM
La Orange
Pro

Default Re: Tail of the Dragon (La Orange)

Confederation of Corvette Clubs of Louisiana

WELCOME: North Shore Corvette Club

September 26, 2003

A Smoky Mountain Adventure

or

Straighten the

“Tail of the Dragon”

General Information #3

Hi Y’all,

We’re one month away from “Kickin’ the Dragon’s butt” and I want to bring everyone up to date.

Things you should have done:

Made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express, Gadsden, AL for Thursday, Oct 23rd.

Made reservations at the Park Vista ( or the Glenstone Lodge ( in Gatlinburg, TN for Friday, and Saturday, Oct 24th & 25th.

Things you should do:

Fill out the Registration Form (attached) and return it to me with a check for your event “T” shirts and dinner reservations at Ober Gatlinburg by October 6th..

VERY IMPORTANT: Please make arrangements to check your brake system. We are going to be on some tight turns and steep grades AND THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU is depending on you being able to stop when he does.

Things you should know:

After the Registration Forms are returned (I’ll be hounding those who forget), I’ll be sending out the final itinerary that will have exact departure and arrival times. It will also list pick-up points, pit stops, and lunch stops for the cruize to Gatlinburg and on the “Big Day”.

We are going to be joined by some fellow corvetters from Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding areas in addition to our hosts, the “Smoky Mountain Cruisers”. I expect over 60 corvettes to make the ride. That’s right! Over
In order to get the group rate of $25.00 per person (includes the Tram Ride, Dinner, Tax and Tip) at Ober Gatlinburg ( I need to collect all the money and give it to them at one time. It’s a “group” thing. They also need the number of each of the entrees we will order.

We are also getting a volume discount on our Event “T” shirts. The “Black Dragon Flag” “T” Shirt, that is our basic shirt, normally sells for $18.00 and are only printed on one side. Our shirts are printed on BOTH sides and we will be getting them for $16.50. See what they look like in the attachments.

Remember. The Confederation of Corvette Clubs of Louisiana has NO treasury. So, what you pay is what it costs.

That’s the latest. Get those Registration forms back to me so I can send you the final itinerary with all the stops.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I check my e-mail several times a day and can be reached by phone in the evening at: 504.865-8162.
Felix

aka: Cruize Control

REDRULS

:cheers: :flag :flag :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto:
Old 09-27-2003, 03:48 AM
La Orange
Pro

Confederation of Corvette Clubs of Louisiana

A Smoky Mountain Adventure

or

Straighten the

“Tail of the Dragon”

Registration

Name:________________________________ E-mail:_________________________________

Address:________________________________ ______________________________________

City, State & Zip:__________________________________, _________ _________________

Phone: (_______)_______________________ Cell Ph: (______)________________________

Spouse/Co-pilot:__________________________ Cell Ph:(______)________________________

Vehicle: Year:________ Mfg: _______________ Model:_________________

Color: __________________

======================================== ============================= Early Group Late Group

(Expect 60 mph) (Expect 70mph)

Departs New Orleans 10/23: 8:30am 9:30am

Departs Gadsden, AL 10/24: 7:30am 8:30am

I will be in the Early:______ Late:______ Departure Group

======================================== =============================

Event “T” Shirt Order: M______ L______ XL______ XXL______ XXXL_______

______ Total number of Shirts @ $16.50 Per Shirt: $___________

======================================== =============================

Entree selection at Ober Gatlinburg: (Select 1 entree for each person in your party)

______ Fresh Trout Almandine

______ Roasted Half Chicken

______8 oz. Prime Rib w/Burgundy Mushroom

______ Pasta Primavera w/Grilled Chicken topped w/Alfredo Sauce

Total number of meals ____ @ $25.00 per meal (includes Tax, Tip & Tram Ride) $______
Make check payable to: FELIX FAMULARO and mail by October 6th with this form to: 7229 Zimpel St.

New Orleans, LA 70118

:cheers: :cheers: :flag :flag :flag :lurk: :auto: :auto: :auto:
Old 10-06-2003, 07:15 PM
La Orange
Pro

:cheers: :flag :flag :auto: :auto:

Get notified of new replies

To Tail of the Dragon

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon