C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 04:36 PM
EricU
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size

I just recieved my suspension kit from VBR, including monoleafs front and rear, new A-arms, shocks, front sway bar, offset trailing arms etc. etc. etc.

I purchased the offset trailing arms with the idea of running 17" rims. But I haven't been able to find any rims that I like yet that don't cost $3K!

Anyway for some reason, I thought with this suspension system that I had to run 17s.

Will my 15" ralleys work until I find some 17s?

Thanks, Eric.

[Modified by EricU, 1:37 PM 9/26/2003]

[Modified by EricU, 1:37 PM 9/26/2003]
Old 09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size (EricU)

You mean the VB&P transverse kit with offset lower arms for more cater? Any stock rim will bolt onto that, they are not wider than stock arms, the only change is the position of the balljoint relative to the upper one (viewed from side)
Old 09-26-2003, 07:06 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size (Twin_Turbo)

The rear offset trailing arms are exactly the same where the wheel bolts onto the flange as stock so you can use the stock rims and they will look normal. The offset allows mor room in the front on the tire where the cross section is, not where the rim bolts on. The stock 1/2 shafts work so the track width has to be the same.
I have been looking at rims too and the ones I like are $1600 american plus tax, plus shipping plus big dollars for tires.

Get notified of new replies

To VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size

Quick Reply: VPR Suspension, Offset trailing arms & Rim Size