C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question about dealership *promos* on vettes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:52 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default A question about dealership *promos* on vettes

I've owned five C-3's thru the years and cannot remember one that had that tacky dealership sticker or metal thing they attached to other cars to let everyone know where cars came from. Were vettes exempt from these or did all the previous owners of mine get rid of them? As far as I remember the regular '60's-'70's cars had metal emblems that dealerships glued to your car or am I just dreaming?

It won't be the first time if so. I'm planning on retiring my mind early just to not put up with the other parts of age setting in. Hell... it makes sense to me!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:03 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (bgrice)

Now that you mention it I don't recall seeing one of those dealership emblems on any of the new Corvettes around here. :confused:

-Justin
Old 09-26-2003, 07:32 AM
pzcg7l
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

My Dad had the original dealership sticker on the back of his '75....
Old 09-26-2003, 11:55 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (pzcg7l)

Some dealerships could car less and have/still do put them on vettes, others do not.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:16 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (munday)

I have an original tail from a 69 that I bought at a swap meet. It has a dealership decal on it.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:03 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any time I've bought a new car (which has only been about 3 or 4 time) I've never had that tag on the car. I'd tell the dealers "If you want me to do your advertising, knock $500.00 off the price, otherwise take your name off my car". If they refused, I went to another dealer.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (6t9l4t6)

Any time I've bought a new car (which has only been about 3 or 4 time) I've never had that tag on the car. I'd tell the dealers "If you want me to do your advertising, knock $500.00 off the price, otherwise take your name off my car". If they refused, I went to another dealer.
My dad requested the same thing. Since the car was a used one yet to be cleaned and readied for sale, it had no dealer name tags. He requested that it be left off for the same reason. When he picked up the car, the tag was added. He told them to remove it. They said that it would damage the paint. He said leave it and reduce the price for advertising fees or repaint the car as need to repair the damage. They lowered the price. He removed it later with no paint damage. :D
Old 09-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (Robert N)

I have seen very few C3 corvettes with the dealer stickers installed on them. Any time I buy a car that has the dealer sticker on it, the first thing I do is remove the dealers sticker. I don't like seeing someone elses name stuck on my vehicle.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:18 PM
NorthVette
Racer

Interesting point... I don't remember ever seeing a dealer sticker on a 'Vette.... But like others have mentioned... I either remove them(when I buy a used car) or like when I bought my '04 GP,told my sales rep that a sticker and front plate bracket was a MAJOR :nono:

:cheers:
Old 09-26-2003, 09:49 PM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Default Re: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes (NorthVette)

Mine had a honda sticker on the back :eek: but we removed it at the chrsyler dealership where i work. All you do is heat it up with a heat gun and start peeling it off with your fingers, after you have removed it you remove the residue with a bug and tar or tar and wax remover. If there is an imprint left in the paint just cut wax it, if its still there leave the cut wax there for 36 hours and then wash the car. That is exactly what i did and my sticker had been on there for 12 years!!! O and i also removed the worn out playboy bunny stickers from the door locks which were there since we bought it so atleast 18 years and there is no way you can tell that there was anything there before.

Get notified of new replies

To A question about dealership *promos* on vettes

Quick Reply: A question about dealership *promos* on vettes